048

** 3 WEEKS LATER **

JULY 7, Monday
📍Golden Spring
2:17AM

JULY 7, Monday📍Golden Spring2:17AM

TAELYNN MAKAILA WALTERS | 18

Closing the container of chiffon butter, I struggle to hold my laugh, watching as he used the knife to spread the butter on the slice of bread.

"Have man a eat poor people food and a laugh.."

"No food is poor people food. Food a food" I respond, watching him toss the knife in his sink, taking the first bite of the buttered bread.

Leaning against the granite kitchen counter, i fidget with the butter container. "I'm tired and ready to go to bed now" I look at him, watching as he moved away from me to go over to the fridge, my eyes focused on how his back muscles moved at every subtle movement.

Him need fi tek off the merino mek mi see it properly.

"Gwaan go sleep then nuh pretty girl, mi wul on pon yuh? Tuck yuh want me tuck yuh in?" he turned to look at me after removing the bottle of grape flavored Tropicana.

"Kamani, bye.. that's why yah dead fi hungry" i ease up off the counter and he chuckled lowly, walking over to where I was, reaching over to grab a cup.

 that's why yah dead fi hungry" i ease up off the counter and he chuckled lowly, walking over to where I was, reaching over to grab a cup

Lord be a fence.

"A you nuh want me leff the yard go look sumn enuh" he reminds me, his low, red eyes focused on what he was doing.

"It's 2am.. where are you gonna go at this hour to get food?" I ask, taking the cup once he was done pouring the juice and drank some.

"Somewhere always open" he responds, not seeming to mind my action before I handed the cup back to him and he poured a little more to refill what I drank.

"If you were sleeping instead of smoking, you wouldn't be hungry right now... and last week when I offered to go with you to get groceries—"

"Sorry nuh babes.. yah go bring up da last week sumn deh everytime? Tell yuh mi did a deal wid sumn"