005

** 3 DAYS LATER **

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 23
📍 Trafalgar Road, Kingston

9:35AM

AZARO RONALDO BILLINGS | 18

"Did you try the exercise I recommend the last time we spoke?

"..."

"Azaro, you've been seeing me since age 8. I think it's time we get over this nonverbal stage"

"..."

"I can call your mother"

"Yuh nuh feel like mi show enough improvement fi stop fawud yasso?" I finally say and she sat up in her seat, I guess feeling like we were finally getting somewhere.

I hate Mondays. The one day of the week I don't have school, and the one day I don't have a choice but to go to therapy.

My mother personally escorts me. On Fridays I can stay on the road until the time runs out and blame it on having to be at school.

"Alexithymia isn't something you can just heal from. It'll always be present... This is why I'm here to know what triggered you into this state and help you prevent it from getting worse"

"Your emotional awareness and expression has indeed showed some major improvement, but I still see some areas we need to work on"

She a piss me off enuh.

See. Mi feel sumn. Fix. Mi nuh need this shit no more.

"How are you feeling today?" she then ask and I sigh.

"Wonderful" I answer sarcastically.

"Azaro.."

"Yah upset me wid this one bagga talking" I kiss my teeth and she wrote it down.

"So you're feeling angry?"

Not answering, a few seconds going by, she sighs.

"Mi fed up a yuh too" I tell her bluntly and she only smiled, writing it down as well.

"Yuh just read her body language enuh. She a win yuh fuck"

Shut up.

"At the end of the day, I'm still getting paid. So you should know if you want these sessions to actually be worth your parents money or just a waste" she put her book to rest on her lap.

"She have a point enuh mi g"

"Do you still have anxiety attacks?" she then asks and I look down at my lap, shifting in my seat.

"Does that question make you uncomfortable?" she ask and I shrug.

Hearing the timer on her phone go off, i relax a bit. Mi can finally go home.