041

Days Later..

APRIL 11, Friday
📍Camperdown High School

APRIL 11, Friday📍Camperdown High School

TAELYNN MAKAILA WALTERS | 18

"Cape exams are next month, I don't want a souullll stress me out!"

"Uno just come off a Easter holiday, so mi nuh waah hear..."

Zoning my Communication Studies teacher out, I kept my attention on the hearts I was doodling at the back of my notebook.

I'm just getting to school and I'm already ready to go home. Fed up a this. Cyah wait fi mi last exam in June fi leff this place.

"Bye bye Jamaica. Taelynn is gone"

"Lend me yuh pen"

Looking over at where the voice came from beside me, I stare at the boy seated at the desk next to me.

"I'm using it" is the only response I offer, turning my attention away from him to focus back on what I was doing.

Feel fi likkle curry chicken. Might go home and cook that. Tey nuh really like dumpling, so mi probably affi go set on some ri–

"Is a quick thing me a write enuh pretty girl" the same voice spoke, disrupting my thoughts and I look at him irritated.

"Buchanan, leave me alone.. ask one a yuh many ooman fi a pen" I refer to him by his last name since that's how he's known.

He's one of Jameel's friends... his closest friend.

"Yah move so princess? Your boy nuh deh round again enuh.." he smiles at me, his voice holding so much humor.

Is he joking about his bestfriend being dead??

Ignoring him, I decided on listening to what the teacher was saying.

"See yuh have yuh likkle man. Easy ting fi kick weh him foot yer" I hear him say and I laugh lowly.

Delusional, but okay.

"Always get wah mi want" he adds, his voice rubbing me the wrong way but I brush it off.

~

Time flying by, I had 2 classes and it was now lunch time. Dedra and I were currently sitting outside, her eyes in her phone while eating a patty she bought.

"Then a me alone naav nobody??" she laughs, her voice pulling my attention away from my notebook as I wrote the answer to the homework assignment.

Why wait until I get home to do it when I have nothing doing now and I can get it out the way..

"Your sister likkle bit and bad essi" she adds, showing me what she was watching.

Seeing it was a video on Tey's status, she was twerking to song playing in the background and just when I thought the video would end, Jay appeared unannounced standing behind her. His hands immediately groping her ass, she laughed while ending the video.