055

** Same Day As Previous Chapter **

📍Big Yard, Mannings Hill Road
8:27PM

📍Big Yard, Mannings Hill Road8:27PM

TAELYNN MAKAILA WALTERS | 20

Between the sounds of indistinctive chatter, the loud music and the cars driving by not too far away.. I couldn't tell what was annoying me more.

Or maybe it was my grand-aunt standing in front me, talking about the rash on her leg.

"I'm studying to be an esthetician, not a dermatologist" I finally say.

"Aren't they the same thing?" she looked at me confused.

"No.. I'm more of a beautician. I am not a medical professional so I can't diagnose, prescribe, or treat health conditions" I explain and she still seemed confused on what I was saying.

"I'm studying to do stuff like facials, acne treatment, skin exfoliation and peels, spray tanning, hair removal, and makeup application... etcetera" I go more in-depth.

"So a dermatologist?" she proceeds to say and I kiss my teeth lowly.

Mi nuh like deaf-ears people enuh.

"Ooman, mi cyah help yuh wid yuh skin a rotten off. Why yuh nuh gah doc—"

"Waah gwaan aunty?" I hear my father's voice behind me, his hand latched over my mouth quieting me as the stubborn woman in front me now looked at him.

"Me a talk to yuh daughter and it seems like she pick up the wrenkness from the other one" she answers, her eyes going back to me.

Tey shoulda deh here fi answer her.

Not being able to tell her wah deh pon her wrenk because daddy still had his hand tightly clamped over my mouth, I simply settled on glaring at her.

"Wrenk like yuh big, tinkin' pussy"

Better mi did go hospital with Azaro.

Offering emotional support.

Not realizing I zoned out a little until I felt my father's grip on me loosened, I realized we were now the only ones standing there.

"Waah go home?" he asked me and I immediately nod. Him not even affi ask that.

He reached into his pocket handing me his car key and I stared at it before looking at him.

"How are you gonna get home?"

"Nuh worry bout that... West a go pick me up. Nah fawud in tonight. Have sumn a St Mary fi deal wid" he tells me and I frown.