029

🎄DECEMBER 25, Wednesday

📍Dumbarton, St Ann8:10AM

📍Dumbarton, St Ann
8:10AM

TAELYNN MAKAILA WALTERS | 17

Sitting around my grandmother, helping her shell the Gungo Peas, she was making conversation rambling about how my cousins that live here with her help with nothing.

Waking up to Azaro gone, my first thought was that he went back home since it's Christmas Day, only to find out he got up early and went with my uncle and cousins to do.. I don't know what.

I'm actually nervous and just helping to distract myself.

Looking up when I heard laughing, I saw them coming back and instantly got up.

Phew, Thank God. They're my family and all, but a long time mi nuh see dem people yer... I don't know what to expect.

Pausing mid walk on the verandah seeing him climbing the steep steps up where we were, he was shirtless and covered in...

Is that blood?!!! And dirt?!

Merciful Fada, look pon the people dem sheltered uptown pitney!!!!

My eyes traveling to my older cousins, I saw one of them holding a goat's head, equally as dirty as him as my uncle was walking with remainder of the headless skinned animal.

Me a go faint.

Smaddy ketch me.

"Murdaaaa, the boy go kill goat wid him inlaws"

"Morning.." he approached me once he was all the way up, a smile on his face and I didn't realize he was really there until I felt his lips on mine.

"Move! Back up" I push him away, immediately scorning my hands seeing I touched him while he was literally covered in goat's blood.

"Yuh extra. A just one likkle splash pon the boy chest"

I don't care. It shouldn't be on him to begin with.