Chapter 1: Speed

The cosy coffee shop buzzed with the symphony of clinking cups, the hiss of the espresso machine, and the soft hum of conversations

The cosy coffee shop buzzed with the symphony of clinking cups, the hiss of the espresso machine, and the soft hum of conversations. The scent of freshly ground beans mingled with the aroma of pastries, creating a comforting atmosphere that enveloped the patrons who entered the establishment.

Behind the counter, Y/n Thawne moved with grace and precision, a maestro orchestrating the morning rush. His hands danced across the espresso machine's controls, pulling shots with an effortless fluidity that spoke of mastery. With every steamed milk pitcher and an artful swirl of whipped cream, Y/n crafted not just beverages, but moments of delight.

The door chimed, announcing the arrival of yet another customer. Y/n looked up, his eyes alighting with warmth as he met the gaze of an elderly woman. Her eyes twinkled with familiarity, and a hint of a smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

"Good morning, dear. The usual, please," she said, her voice carrying the gentle cadence of someone who had lived many years.

Y/n nodded with a genuine smile, a silent acknowledgement of the unspoken connection they shared. He swiftly prepared her preferred drink, a custom blend of flavours that he had crafted over time. As he handed her the cup, their fingers briefly brushed, a fleeting touch that conveyed a sense of camaraderie and appreciation.

As the morning hours ticked by, the coffee shop buzzed with a steady stream of customers, each entering with their own unique energy and story. Y/n greeted each person with a warm smile, his eyes crinkling at the corners in a display of genuine hospitality.

A group of students huddled around a table, textbooks and laptops spread out before them. Y/n approached with a playful grin, "Alright, folks, who's studying for the big exam and who's here to pretend they're studying while giving their friend a migraine?"

Laughter erupted, and one student raised a hand with a sheepish grin. "Studying, guilty as charged!"

Y/n chuckled, his banter easing the tension and creating a lighthearted atmosphere. "Well, you're in luck. Our coffee is scientifically proven to boost brainpower."

He prepared their drinks with an extra flourish, carefully crafting intricate designs in the foam. As he handed over the cups, the students' expressions lit up with surprise and delight.

"Studying just got a whole lot more exciting," one of them remarked, earning a chorus of agreement.

A businessman in a suit approached the counter, his face etched with a weariness that spoke of a long day ahead. Y/n studied him for a moment, his instincts telling him that a touch of humour was needed.

"Morning, sir. How about we add a shot of 'instant motivation' to your coffee today?"

The man's tired expression cracked into a reluctant smile, and he nodded appreciatively. "I could use all the motivation I can get."

Y/n winked and expertly prepared the coffee, sliding it across the counter. "There you go, a dose of determination in every sip."

As the businessman walked away, Y/n's eyes followed him with a sense of satisfaction. It was these small interactions, these moments of connection, that filled the coffee shop with intangible magic.