Chapter 9: Fierce Duel

"Should we say something?" Y/n muttered as he walked up to the West-Allen Family, Cisco next to him while both had a piece of liquorice

"Not yet," Cisco responded as they got closer to the group, noting the ash lying across the floor and under a Panama Hat.

"Vaporised him to ash," Barry spoke as he crouched in front of the ash.

"What a way to go," Iris spoke, voice filled with sadness. Still unaware of the two troublemakers behind her and her daughter.

"Shenanigans," Cisco spoke up, watching as the mother and daughter pair almost had a heart attack.

"Definitely calling shenanigans on this one," Y/n added as he took a bite of his liquorice, laughing as Nora punched him while Cisco walked closer to the 'crime' scene.

"You see, these cells right here," Cisco motioned towards the open hatch next to Nora. "They run in a redundant cascade circuit," He explained as he knelt next to the ash on the floor.

"That's how they power the Pipeline in the first place," Y/n spoke as he walked closer to said cells. "So if one of them blew, they all would have blown," Y/n looked over at the three family members.

"Okay, when did you become such an advanced Mechanical Engineer?" Iris asked as she crossed her arms over her chest, she seemed more playful than actually insulted and that just confused Thawne even more.

"Last night," Y/n shrugged as he turned to Cisco. "I don't usually gamble but I'm willing to bet that ain't human ashes," Y/n chuckled as he followed Cisco's plan and dipped his liquorice into the 'ash' and took a bite.

The two looked at each other and gave a quick nod before standing up. "Tea leaves," Cisco explained to the three of them. "Barry, be a dear and check the building for a weasel in a porcupine hat, about this tall,"

"So full of shit that you could probably smell him a mile away," Y/n chuckled as Cisco gave him a fist bump. "Just another day's work for some real detectives," He joked as they watched Barry dash out of the room and return moments later with one Harrison Sherloque Wells.

"Oh, tell me," Sherloque took his glasses off, looking at the pile of ash and then at the two in front of it. "Who died?" He questioned, sarcasm laced in his voice.

"Found him with this," Barry spoke up as he tossed the Breach device over to Cisco.

"Of course, you did," Cisco studied the device as he spoke. "So you think you could just leave our earth without paying Y/n back?" Cisco questioned the detective.

"Work on my fourth wife," Sherloque explained, earning a chuckle from Y/n. "And my sixth," He added with a shrug.

"Bloody hell," Y/n laughed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "You need to learn to keep it in your pants," Y/n shook his head as everyone stared at him. "What?"