Chapter 19: Legacy

Y/n focused on the small yet powerful flame deep inside of him, feeling it spread out across his entire body as if he was about to run but instead, the pulse left his body like some form of echolocation that set his radar pinging before words he didn't use often fell from his lips. "Shrap..." He felt the familiar sense of connection pulling him towards Taylor, a sense of Deja vu filling his head.

"You just told me to watch my language," Taylor pouted, crossing her arms over her chest as she stared at the man across from her, soon enough though the silence that followed as Y/n watched her became deafening. "Mom did say you were a good detective..." Taylor's shoulder slumped forward in defeat.

"And yet, here you sit," Y/n shook his head, sarcasm dripping from his tongue as he looked at her. "I'm currently trying to avoid messing up the timeline being here... What are you doing here, little Miss Taylor Thawne?" He sounded frustrated as he looked at the younger.

"Would you believe me if I said it was an accident?" Taylor practically begged as she shrugged her shoulders, Y/n was forced to nod since he was technically here by accident as well. "I got into a little argument with Mom and went for a run to clear my head like you used to do,"

"And since you are connected to the Chaos Force, emotions and speed don't always work together," Y/n muttered as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Ironically similar to the reason I'm here," He chuckled as he shook his head. "So you have been here for weeks and yet haven't done anything other than work at the CCPD?" Y/n cocked an eyebrow as he asked, watching Taylor nervously nod. "I'm not sure why you didn't go back to the future but at least I know you're as reckless as your mother," Y/n shook his head as he took a sip of his coffee.

"What?" Taylor's eyes widened as she looked at the older Speedster.

"Well, I figured out who you were while Nora told them, so I guess you aren't AS reckless then," Y/n reassured her. "But now what are your plans, I doubt you want to stay in this timeline for much longer so is there something stopping you from running fast..."

"Dad..." Taylor's voice cut Y/n off, he figured that much out but hearing her call him that still knocked the wind out of his lungs. "Can I ask for something?" She looked at the stunned man for a moment as he gave her a slight nod before she stood up. "Could we not talk about that right now and instead could I get a..."

Y/n watched her struggle to talk, her expression softening as she slightly opened her arms. "No..." Y/n muttered as he realised what was wrong, standing up he quickly pulled her into a hug as she wrapped her arms around him and buried her face into his chest. "When?" He muttered while hugging her tightly.

"I was twelve," She muttered as she just held onto him tightly.

"I guess no speedster gets a normal childhood," He chuckled, listening to Taylor give him a soft giggle. "I guess you haven't really tried to get home," Y/n shook his head as he slowly pulled away from her, his hands still holding onto her shoulders as he watched her nervously shake her head.

Taylor was caught off guard when Y/n suddenly started laughing. "What's so funny?" She found herself smiling as she looked at him.

"I figured out who you are just after Barry confronted me about taking Nora to the Gala," Y/n muttered as he let go of Taylor and finished his coffee before he began walking towards the door with her following just behind him. "So, I would love to introduce you to the team but I doubt it would take Barry and them long to piece together who your mother is," He explained as the two of them walked through the streets of Central City.

"Really?" Taylor looked surprised by that. "Why?"

"Well once they know that you are actually Taylor Thawne and from far in the future, the resemblance between you and Nora will be obvious," Y/n shook his head as found them making their way to Star Labs despite what he just said.

[On Hold] Nexus: SpeedBound Redemption (A Nora West-Allen X Y/n Thawne)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें