Chapter 25: Instinct

*****************************

Y/n practically dragged his leg as he limped through the faded streets, his hand clenching his injured leg as he leaned against the wall, His injury was the latest gift from the rejected Power Ranger's visits

Y/n practically dragged his leg as he limped through the faded streets, his hand clenching his injured leg as he leaned against the wall, His injury was the latest gift from the rejected Power Ranger's visits... A visit to remind him that he was alone and that they weren't coming to save him, something he understood at this point... Something he had come to accept at this point...

LEFT! The voice called out to him as he came to an intersection, a voice that never had a body no matter how much he searched for it however, it always filled his head and echoed inside of his cranium, forcing him to acknowledge it but even then, it always leads him somewhere useful, guiding him so that he could survive another day in this hell hole, it was like some deranged form of an instinct.

Y/n made his way down another cold deserted road until he came to a stop, eyes landing on an open door that swung in the breeze, a breeze that didn't exist as Y/n approached it, a chill running down his spine as he peered into the small house. Y/n finally entered the house, cautiously so that he didn't get trapped in the building.

Y/n walked deeper into the house, hand still clenching his hip as he looked for any source of food, his stomach growling on cue. RIGHT! The voice called out as he passed an empty room, stopping to peer into the room, he noticed a small table in the centre of the room with a single plate of food on it.

This might look like a trap to most but the young Thawne had learned that it was this place... This entity's way of keeping him alive, for now at least. Y/n walked into the room and over to the table, eyes scanning over the plate of steaming rice and stew, not wasting a second before he began eating, not caring if the food was still hot, he hadn't eaten in days and wasn't sure how long he had before he got his next meal so he planned on enjoying this.

Y/n had finished eating and let out a huff before hopping over to the bed and sitting down, he was sure that he could rest for a few minutes but in reality, he had to rest, his body couldn't take any more walking through this place.

In this moment of silence, Y/n heard it, Nora's sweet laugh rang through the room and his body tensed, he didn't feel hope fill his body... At least not anymore but his heart did beat slower and harder against his chest as her laugh filled his ears, He laid down on the bed and closed his eyes, Caitlin's loving smile flashing through his mind before being replaced with Cisco's playful grin and then Ralph's proud smirk, one by one images of team flash went through his mind as his laid there, a single tear escaping the corner of his eye before his body jerked up.

Downstairs... He could feel its presence and he wanted to kick himself for lowering his guard for a moment as he got to his feet, adrenaline rushing through his body as he moved out of the room and quietly made his way through the house once more. He hoped that he was wrong and that it wasn't here but he knew better than to have hope and instead, he felt dread when he walked quietly passed a hall that stretched into complete nothingness, however, there was something that dwelled in the empty void...