Chapter 24: Attitude

"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie... That's Amore," Y/n sang as he walked through the halls of Star Labs, an extra spring in his step. "When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine... That's Amore..." He paused as he walked into the Cortex to be met with the confused look on the faces of Cisco, Nora and Caitlin while Iris and Barry seemed to be discussing their own stuff.

"Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll sing "Vita Bella"..." Taylor began singing as well, eyes never lifting from the computer she was working on which now earned confused looks from everyone in the room, shifting their gaze between Y/n and Taylor.

Y/n looked at the busy younger Thawne and decided to mess around more. "Hearts will play tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-tay..." He sang as he walked through the Cortex, watching Taylor sway from side to side.

"Like a gay tarantella," Taylor sang as she finally looked up from her work to find everyone except Y/n watching her. "What?" She raised an eyebrow as she looked at them before noticing Y/n bouncing around the room. "Oh, Dad, I wanted to ask you something," She was up and out of her chair fast as she moved over to Y/n.

"What's up, Tay?" Y/n glanced at the younger Thawne as he continued humming the melody of some songs.

"I wanted to know if I could join you guys in the field?" She asked but was met with Y/n no longer dancing and a lot of the others gasping.

"You never told any of us that you wanted to join help out in the field," Iris questioned her granddaughter as she and Barry walked over to the two Thawnes.

"With all due respect, Mimi," Taylor shrugged her shoulders as she looked at the two and Y/n. "It's not really up to anyone in this room besides my Mother and Father if I get to be in the field or not," Taylor explained nervously as she looked at her grandparents.

Iris and Barry looked at each other for a moment before Iris shrugged. "I guess you are right," She gave Taylor a smile as Barry nodded in agreement.

"But I was here the whole time," Nora joined the questioning as she looked at Taylor, confusion written across her face as Y/n and Taylor looked at each other for a moment. "Okay, what's with that look?" Nora questioned the father and daughter who just stood there. "Clearly you already know something, out with it..." Nora glared at Y/n who held back his laugh.

"You were always... Are always... Will always be? Whatever, you are the strict parent," Y/n shrugged his shoulders while Taylor just nodded along with the older Thawne.

"Yeah, like the time Dad and I built a Chaos-powered Bicycle that went from zero to three thousand seven hundred metres in one second," Taylor paused as she burst into giggles while Y/n tried to cover his laugh with a cough.

"How old were you? sixteen or something?" Iris and Nora asked in near unison as they glared at the two of them.

"More like six," Taylor muttered as she and Y/n glanced at each other and that turned out to be the straw that broke the camel's back because the two of them burst into laughter, leaning on the tables for balance.

Everyone else went silent as they watched the two Thawne find it absolutely hilarious. "So you think it was a good idea to put your six-year-old daughter on a contraption that travelled at over eight thousand miles an hour... Mach eleven?" Nora glared at the taller Speedster.

"We probably should have gone for coffee before I asked, huh?" Taylor muttered as she leaned in closer to Y/n who just hummed in agreement as they stood there staring at the pissed-off Nora.

"If I can step in for a moment..." Cisco muttered as he joined the group. "Made this for ya," He added before tossing another ring towards Y/n. "Try not to destroy this one..."