Chapter 22: Calm Before the Storm

Y/n had a house now so he had somewhere he could go to relax, of course, he could always drop by the L/n household but his mother was out of town for a while and he didn't want to drop by unannounced so he was glad to have a place outside Star Labs where he could crash, especially after what just happened between him and Iris.

His blood was boiling, there was still traces of red lightning dancing across his skin as it mixed with the usual teal. He laid down on his bed as he stared up at the ceiling, questioning what would he have done if something had happened to Nora, he even found himself wondering what would have done if something happened to Taylor, he just met her but he already felt a connection with her and he wasn't sure if it was the same as Nora and Barry or if it was because of the Chaos Force and how it is different.

Y/n was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard his bedroom door opening, glancing at it as he expected Taylor to be standing there but was met with Nora walking in before closing the door. "Nora?" He questioned as he sat up, looking at the olive-toned woman.

"Taylor told me your address," Nora explained as she sat down next to Y/n. "How are you feeling?" She questioned, placing a hand on his shoulder as she stared into his e/c eyes.

"Like shit, to be honest," Y/n muttered as he laid back down again. "I don't know what happened back there," He turned his gaze back up to the ceiling as he took a deep breath.

"You were worried," Nora spoke as she laid down next to him, staring at the ceiling as well while her hand interlocked with his. "I know my mother's been treating you differently and stuff like that, she finally crossed the line,"

"Yeah, but I shouldn't have..."

"Listen to me," Nora cut him off as she rolled onto her side, placing a hand on his cheek and turning his head to face her. "You did nothing wrong, people you care about were in danger and you got angry but you didn't harm anyone," She reassured him, her thumb gently rubbing his cheek. "My mother went and brought up your father even though she knew it was a sensitive topic for you and even then, you didn't do anything wrong,"

"But I'm supposed to be trying to get along with your parents..."

"For what?" She once again cut him off. "Their blessing?" She raised an eyebrow as she moved closer to Y/n. "Whether they like you or not, I love you and I don't need their permission to say that," She explained as she leaned in and placed a quick soft kiss against his lips. "Whether they give their permission or not, we have a wonderful daughter in the future," She leaned forward and kissed him again, this time feeling Y/n deepen the kiss.

"Nora..." Y/n tried to break the kiss and talk but Nora wasn't having any of that, pushing herself forward so that their lips met once again before shifting entirely, throwing one leg over the larger Speedster's waist as she straddled him.

Y/n felt all his worries melt as he wrapped his arms around Nora, pulling her closer as he deepened the kiss with even more hunger.

Nora broke the kiss first since the two of them needed to breathe at some point, sitting up she wasted no time before taking her jacket off and throwing it across the room, Y/n reacted just as fast as he sat up and attacked his lips to the soft skin against her neck. Nora let out a soft moan as she dug her fingers into Y/n's hair while his lips attacked her skin, his hands sliding under the shirt before dancing across the small of her back.

Y/n paused for a moment and before Nora could say anything, he flipped them over and pinned her to the before before once again attacking her already swollen lips. His tongue grazed Nora's bottom lip and she quickly opened her mouth as Y/n explored her mouth, their tongue soon fighting for dominance.

Y/n's hands trailed under her shirt and up her sides as Nora wrapped her legs around the Speedster, feeling him lean into her more and more. Y/n's fingers danced across her stomach before grabbing the hem of her shirt as he felt Nora lift herself up so that he could slide the shirt off her.

Knock! Knock!

Y/n's hands froze just above Nora's stomach as they pulled away from each other. "Dad!" The two of them looked at each other for a moment before reacting, Y/n got off Nora as she sat up and readjusted her shirt. "You alright?" Y/n ran his fingers through his naturally messy hair as he walked over to the door.

"Hey, Tay," Y/n smiled as he opened the door to the smiling Taylor. "Everything's fine, Nora dropped by as well," Y/n motioned to the second Speedster, who waved at Taylor. "Just talking about what happened,"

"Well, I'm glad to..." Taylor paused as her eyes scanned Y/n's room before locking on the discarded jacket lying across the room from the bed and then shifting to her mother's messy hair as a knowing yet embarrassed expression formed. "Oh... I'm gonna go..." She stuttered as she pointed towards the stairs.

Y/n was the first to realize the situation they were in. "It's okay," Y/n chuckled as he showed her to stop. "I'll go make some lunch for us," He pinched the bridge of his nose before turning towards Nora. "You joining us?" He asked even though he didn't really mean it as a question as he made his way downstairs.

The three of them sat at the table, laughing and joking as they ate and Y/n could help but question how natural this all felt, the three of them just having a good afternoon without the thoughts and concerns of Iris or the pressure of fixing the Thawne name, all that just faded away and Y/n sat there with two of the three most important people in his life.

"Oh," Nora muttered as she picked up her phone."Yeah?" She excused herself as she answered the phone.

"And I'll start getting cleaned up," Y/n chuckled as he moved all the dirty plates to the kitchen again before filling the basin with water. "Enjoyed the food?" He asked as Taylor joined him, grabbing a dish towel and waiting to help.

"Yip," She smiled as she watched her father slowly start doing the dishes. "I don't think there was a single time I didn't enjoy your cooking," She boasted as she took the plate from the older Thawne and began drying it.

"I'm glad to hear,"

"Hey guys," Nora walked into the kitchen, sliding her phone into her pocket. "My Mom and Dad are going to look at one of the prisoners, Mark Mardon and they want me to come with," She explained as the two looked over at her. "Wanted to check if you two wanted to come as well?"

"I'm good but Tay can go with," Y/n motioned to the younger Thawne.

"Yeah, I would love to," Taylor smiled before looking at Y/n. "But what about you, what are you going to do?"

"Clean up here and then probably do some more things around the house," Y/n shrugged his shoulders as he looked at the two of them. "You two best be going," He motioned towards the door, the two smiled at him before dashing out of the house and leaving him there alone.

Y/n just chuckled as teal and orange lightning dashed threw the kitchen, cleaning everything before making his way to the fridge grabbing a soda and moving to the couch. Flipping through the channels as he sat down and got comfortable.

*************************

I know this is a super short chapter but I couldn't figure out what else to write and I wanted to post it I am so sorry for it barely being above 1K words, the next one will be much longer. I'm not getting tired of this story or hate it or anything, I just struggled with this chapter because it was a 'nice' moment between Nora and Y/n followed by a nice family lunch and stuff so I thought I'd post this chapter and then move the next one right back into the episode.

The opening 'scene' was a kind of 'testing the waters' scene because I never asked about whether or not you guys were comfortable with their relationship getting 'there', so if you guys do want there to be a few more mature scenes between the two, let me know and if enough people want it then I will add them.

Until next time!!!