Chapter 2: Unlike

Y/n folded the collar of his shirt as he walked out of his place, bumping right into a smaller figure

Y/n folded the collar of his shirt as he walked out of his place, bumping right into a smaller figure. "What are you doing... Y/n?" A familiar voice spoke up.

"Oh, hey Nora," Y/n greeted the speedster with a smile as he finished tidying up his look. "What are you doing here?" He shrugged his shoulders as he locked his door. "If you came all this way to complain because I'm not there to make your coffee, then we have a problem," Y/n joked as he looked at Nora, his smile slowly fading.

"Where have you been?" She looked like she had just seen a ghost.

"At home, damn," Y/n chuckled as he shook his head. "You'll get your drink now, don't sweat it," He smiled at the smaller figure as he began walking down the street, Nora catching up to him as she just stared at him.

"Where have you been the past three days, no one knew where you were?" She grabbed his arm, forcing him to stop and look at her.

"What are you talking about?" Y/n shook his head as he watched Nora. "We were literally together last night," Y/n was seriously starting to hate this joke. "Are you feeling alright? Did that Meta injure you more than we thought?" He was starting to worry at this point.

"Y/n, we fought that Meta three nights ago," She answered him as they stood there, staring at each other. "No one has seen you since then," She added as she watched his confused expression.

The two stood there in silence for a moment before a loud ring interrupted them, Nora quickly pulled her phone out of her pocket and checked it.

"No, no, no, no," She muttered before locking her phone and sliding it back into her pocket. "Y/n, I really need to go so can you please promise me that you won't do anything reckless and we can talk about this later," Nora waited until Y/n gave her a slight nod before eventually leaving the Thawne standing there as she ran off.

"Three days..." Y/n muttered to himself, Taking his phone out of his pocket was all he had to do to know that Nora wasn't joking. Friday, his phone said it was Friday as well and he had numerous missed calls from the Johnsons and Aunty Katy.

He made two pitstops before leaving for the one place where he knew he'd get the answers he needed. He stopped by the coffee shop to check in on the Johnsons and explain that everything was okay and then he stopped by Aunty Katy who lectured him for literally two hours before leaving him to run off and right now, he stood outside Iron Heights. The structure held the one person who would definitely know what happened.

Y/n stepped into the dimly lit visiting room of Iron Heights, his heart pounding with a mixture of anticipation and trepidation. There, at a small table, sat Eobard Thawne, his eyes brightening with a genuine smile as he locked onto his son's form. The familiar image of his father, despite the circumstances, stirred a complex mix of emotions within Y/n.

Eobard's excitement was palpable as he rose from his seat, his expression mirroring the genuine warmth in his voice. "Y/n, my boy, it's good to see you," he greeted, his tone carrying a depth of affection that transcended the steel bars that separated them.