Chapter 6

Y/n's spine cracked in a satisfying chorus of pops as he rose from the couch, his movements deliberate and accompanied by a stretch that seemed to send relief coursing through his body

Y/n's spine cracked in a satisfying chorus of pops as he rose from the couch, his movements deliberate and accompanied by a stretch that seemed to send relief coursing through his body. Letting out a hearty yawn that felt like it came from the very core of his being, he sat there for a moment, thoughts whirring like a high-speed train. The question pounded within him: Why was he here? The urge to return home gnawed at him, an itch that seemed to grow more persistent with every passing moment. Yet, here he was, sprawled on a couch with the weight of unfamiliar eyes watching his every move, just like in his own timeline—but at least there, it was familiarity.

A soft rustle pulled his attention towards the neighbouring couch, where Nora lay in slumber, her hair tangled and a blanket clutched tightly in her grasp. Something in him softened at the sight. With a slow exhale, Y/n rose from his seat, careful not to disturb her rest. He quietly made his way out of the room, the gentle click of the door echoing the weight of leaving her in her dreams.

The corridors of Star Labs welcomed him with a sense of familiarity that contradicted the temporal dislocation he felt. He stripped off his damp towel in the bathroom, exposing his bare skin to the cool air. His fingers brushed against the prickle of stubble that had begun to form along his jawline. A musing smirk danced on his lips as he studied his reflection, his gaze moving from his dishevelled hair to the scattered stubble that marked his jaw. "Maybe it's time for a cleanup," he muttered, reaching for the shaving kit Cisco had thoughtfully provided.

In the hushed ambience of the bathroom, Y/n's fingers danced across his skin, spreading a layer of shaving cream with a thoughtful touch. The mirror bore witness as his eyes fixated on his own reflection, the questions within him echoing through the depths of his gaze. He stared at himself for a moment, as if searching for answers beyond the surface. The blade, warmed by a quick rinse, met his skin with precision, the scrape and drag a soothing rhythm amidst the silence. As the cream was wiped away, revealing a smoother canvas, he couldn't help but acknowledge the absurdity of the situation. "What am I doing?" he murmured, half-amused, half-bemused, to the reflection that stared back.

Nora had woken up a few hours later, all alone in the lounge as she looked around the room for any signs of the other Speedster. She gave up on her search soon enough as she got ready for the day ahead of her. After a moment or two, Nora made her way over to the gym in Star Labs as she donned a pair of black yoga pants and a purple sports bra with a towel in hand.

Soon enough, she made her way into the large room which she expected to be empty but instead was met with the sight of Y/n in a pair of baggy shorts, lifting himself up on the pullup bar with a massive disk strapped to his abdomen.

Slowly the Thawne lowered himself to the ground, Nora wincing as the heavyweight collided with the ground, followed by Y/n dropping as well. He unstrapped the weight from him before rolling his shoulders back, the muscles in his back pulled tight and flexed as he tried to loosen them up.

Y/n grabbed his towel and dabbed his forehead as he turned around to begin his next workout only to find the Purple Speedster standing there, her eyes trained on him. "Morning Nora," He greeted as he dropped his towel on the stand before sitting on the bench.