Chapter 23: Running

"Why am I here?" Y/n asked, his voice reverberating from under his mouthpiece as they walked up to the cell holding Mark Mardon with the Flash next to him.

"Because you're good at reading people," Barry whispered back before he began questioning the convict while Y/n stood on one side and watched for most of the conversation.

After some time went by Y/n decided to join the chat. "I didn't know that Joss was breaking me out," Mark shrugged as he looked at the two Speedsters. "I didn't know she would do half the things she does," He admitted, looking down as he spoke. "I haven't spoken to her in years,"

"And you expect me to believe that she woke up this morning and was like 'You know what, I want to break my dad out of Iron Heights!', huh?" Barry shook his head as he looked at the man who just chuckled.

"I get it, but it is the truth," Mark looked at the Scarlet Speedster, eyes shifting every now and then to the black-suited Speedster behind him. "Joss was born when me and her mom were still in high school, I never could work out how to be with that woman..." He trailed off in memory. "And then when Joss came, I thought the best thing to do was to focus on my career,"

"Your criminal career?" Barry shook his head as he questioned the man.

"That's why I left her with her mom until she ran away because of some falling out," Mark shrugged.

"What happened with Joslyn and her mom?"

"The last time I spoke to her, she told me that she and Joss are broken," Mark explained and Y/n watched Barry's shoulders tense up. "You know how it is, sometimes mothers and daughters break and there ain't no fixing them,"

Silence fell momentarily between the two of them while Y/n analysed the situation. He had a feeling that he knew what was happening and didn't like it.

Teal and Orange lightning dashed into the room. "Did you get anything from Mardon?" Iris asked as the two Speedsters slowed down in the Cortex to look at the five people already in there.

"No," Barry shrugged as Y/n unclipped his mouthpiece and yanked his mask off. "Nothing that would help us find his daughter, what about you guys? What did you dig up?" He asked as he looked at the other two.

"Meet Joss Jackam," Caitlin spoke as she pulled up her details on the monitor. "She's a delinquent teen turn amateur storm chaser," She added as Y/n's eyes quickly scanned through the girl's info. "A self-taught expert in meteorology,"

"How do we know she is a storm chaser?" Cisco spoke up, catching their attention. "Because Hellen Hunt over here has a blog," He explained as he pulled said blog up.

"She lost her ground at the science centre for doing too many dangerous experiments in the weather," Caitlin explained as they went through her pictures.

"Well, it looks like she is well beyond the experimental phase," Iris spoke up as they looked at the screen.

"Oh, Weather Witch?" Caitlin questioned Cisco as they stopped on a picture of Joss with her van that had Weather Witch on the side.

Cisco stared at the doctor for a moment before sighing. "I'll allow it," He rolled his eyes as Y/n just chuckled.

"Mom doesn't that Weather Vane look familiar," Taylor nudged the young West-Allen as she studied the picture.

"Yeah, like the staff she had," Nora muttered as Barry glanced at the two of them.

"The staff she was carrying, yeah," Barry furrowed his brows as he moved closer. "Cisco, could you pull up the security footage from the attack at Iron Heights?" Barry asked the scientist.