Chapter 16: Chaos

Y/n was weak, his speed had stopped working the moment he was left here as if this town disconnected him from the Speed Force. This town, where was it? Why was it so dark and faded?

Y/n weakly stumbled through the faded streets, dragging himself along the walls since he hardly had the strength to stand up straight. Without his speed, he found it difficult to find food in this abandoned town, he was somehow able to find canned food here and there or some fresh bread in one of the houses but over time, it became more and more difficult to find food, even food he hid for safe keeping would just vanish.

As for the Speedster that brought him here, he hadn't seen him in what felt like years, he hadn't interacted with another human being in years, hadn't spoken in years... Y/n paused for a moment, what did his voice even sound like, he couldn't remember so he opened his dry lips to try to say something.

"RUN!"

A familiar sense of dread filled him, it was back... Y/n didn't know what it was but yet he felt it each time, it's demonic presence, it's bloodlust, it's hunger... Y/n felt it all and all he knew was that he needed to hide when it came through the town, hide or be it's next meal.

"RUN YOU FOOL!"

His sense of dread only grew as he felt it getting closer, his legs too weak to carry him and his arms too fragile to hold him as he tumbled to the ground, landing flat as he shakingly tried to pull himself along, his body aching with exhaustion and hunger as he desperately tried to move.

He was right, that Speedster told him that no one would save him, he told him that they would forget they ever called a Thawne their teammate... And here he was being proven correct, years had passed with Y/n trying to get out of this city, Y/n tried to run and yet it was a never-ending labyrinth, every turn he took only seemed to take him deeper into this 'town' and yet he had no other option... Barry, Iris, Ralph, Joe, Cisco, Caitlin, Nora... Not a single person showed up to save him...

Here he was crawling on the ground like a pathetic worm because he trusted them, maybe things would stop hurting if it caught him... Maybe he could finally rest because of it... Maybe he could feel less thanks to it...

"Y/n!"

He couldn't hear anything, he could only feel... Felt pain as his body screamed for help, pain as his heart folded in on itself repeatedly...

"Y/n!"

It was close but not close enough...

Y/n felt a sudden surge of adrenaline as he sat up, eyes darting around the room as all his senses kicked into overdrive

Y/n felt a sudden surge of adrenaline as he sat up, eyes darting around the room as all his senses kicked into overdrive. His eyes noticed the plain white room, his nose detecting the smell of antibiotics and sterile needles, his ears picked up the sound of a drop hitting the water and his sense of touch burned him alive as he felt the needle stabbed into his arm as the medicine burned its way into him.