Chapter 13: New Faces

The laboratory buzzed with activity as Y/n Thawne moved about, his hands a blur of motion as he tinkered with various devices spread across the lab tables. His eyes were focused, and his voice spilt out rapid-fire explanations.

"Alright, so the key to upgrading these devices is to enhance the quantum flux stabilizers while simultaneously recalibrating the electromagnetic resonance modules. This will allow for greater energy efficiency and faster data processing. Now, I've also designed a new microprocessor architecture that should reduce latency by at least 30%, and if we reroute the neural interface circuits through the auxiliary matrix, we can—"

Y/n paused, turning to face the trio of Caitlin, Iris, and Barry, who were watching him with wide eyes.

"—achieve a significant boost in computational speed," he finished.

"Okay," Caitlin nodded before her nod turned to a shake. "I didn't follow a single thing you just said, Maybe slow down a bit," She giggled as she watched the Speedster scratch the back of his neck.

"I mean... I can try," Y/n shrugged his shoulders before a buzz from his phone interrupted. "Give me a moment," He spoke before taking a few steps away from the trio. "Talk to me," He spoke as he raised the device to his ear, listening for a moment before responding. "Cool, be there soon," He hung up and turned to the rest.

"What was that about?" Caitlin asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"That would be Joe, he needs me to give him a hand with some stuff," Y/n answered, watching the curious expression on their faces. "I better get going now, if your name is not Cisco Ramon please do not touch that stuff," Y/n warned as he motioned towards all the devices on the table.

"Hey, Y/n," Iris quickly cut in before the Speedster could dash off. "If you see Nora, could you maybe talk to her for us?" She asked Y/n, who just furrowed his eyebrows.

"Don't think I can," Y/n shrugged his shoulders, receiving a confused look from the three. "Firstly, I think you would agree that what happened between you three is family and my opinion isn't needed?" Y/n asked as he watched Barry and Iris look at each other for a moment. "And I would agree with you but if I was somehow pulled into this situation, I would have to side with Nora on it,"

Barry looked puzzled as he stared at the Thawne. "Why? You don't know what..."

"I don't know that Iris had a power dampener chip put in her daughter?" Y/n cut the Scarlet speedster off. "Me and Nora tend to run into each other in the gym, Once or twice I saw the scar," Y/n explained as he looked at the couple. "Speedster can't develop scars so I know that something would have to slow her down to develop that, I've looked into power dampener chips before,"

"But I would have had a good reason to do that," Iris tried defending herself as she watched Y/n nod.

"Of course, and I believe in facts so if you can give me that reason then I will definitely agree with you," Y/n admitted. "But until then remember, I am the son of Eobard Thawne and yet no one ever considered using that chip on me," Y/n pointed out as he shook his head. "So let me know once you have the reason," He smiled before dashing out of the room, teal and orange lightning zipping away.

"You called?" Y/n walked into Joe's office to find him not in there but instead he was met with a new woman spinning around to face him. "Hi, I'm looking for Joe West?"

"Hi," She got a goofy grin on her face as she looked at the larger man, the sun reflecting off of her olive skin. "You must be Y/n Thawne, right?" She strolled over to Y/n, her shoulder-length auburn hair bouncing with each step.

"That's me," Y/n shook her hand. "You are?"

"Taylor," She seemed hesitant for a moment as she looked at the man who was almost a foot taller than her. "Taylor Theodore," She offered a calm smile as she walked over to the desk again, picking up one of the three cups before sipping it.