Chapter 11:Playing with Fire

"I truly hate you," Y/n muttered as he joined Barry and Iris

"I truly hate you," Y/n muttered as he joined Barry and Iris. "Isn't this department members only?" Y/n questioned as he looked at the rest of the players on the field.

"Yeah," Barry confirmed Y/n suspicions as he looked at their opponents.

"Then how did you get me signed up to play?" Y/n began his stretches as he watched the Scarlet Speedster.

"I may or may not have told them that you were becoming an intern of mine..." Silence fell between the three as they looked at each other.

"You... Did... What?..." Y/n was forced to take deep breaths as he looked at Barry, even Iris seemed amused by the revelation. "Barry... Allen... Did you lie to the CCPD team so that I could play?" Y/n wasn't sure if he liked the idea of Barry 'seeing him as a teammate', hated the idea that Barry lied to CCPD or if he should be annoyed that he has to play...

"Not unless you actually help me on some cases..."  Barry shrugged as he looked at Y/n, completely nonchalant about the entire situation.

"PLAY BALL!" Y/n couldn't respond as the game was called to begin. He gave Barry a final glare before being sent off to centre field.

Y/n soon enjoyed the game or enjoyed watching a speedster fail to catch the ball a couple of times but soon enough Y/n couldn't enjoy watching the Scarlet Speedster suck at fielding when it came turn to take a swing. Y/n watched the Flash's terrible excuse for running as he felt a migraine forming from all this but soon enough, it was the Thawne's turn to bat.

"Oh look, it's the newbie," The CCFD's pitcher chuckled as he spoke to his team, Y/n just kept reminding himself that this was for charity. "If he is anything like Allen, then we have nothing to worry about," He continued laughing.

"Well, it all depends on if you took your daily dose of Steriods," Y/n smiled as he watched the smile drop from the firefighter's face.

"Excuse me?" He asked, his grip on the ball tightening.

"I mean, we're in the middle of a game but if you need to leave that bad," Y/n shrugged his shoulders as he offered the CCFD a calm smile. "Maybe someone else on your team can actually pitch because from what I've seen, your arm is weaker than a single man after a full No Nut November," Y/n chuckled as he watched the Pitcher get ready, in a quick fling, the ball was soaring through the air.

Y/n smile shifted to a smirk as he watched the ball get closer and with a quick wink towards the Pitcher, he swung at the ball, listening to the echo of the bat meeting the ball and sending it rocketing back, missing the firefighter by a few inches.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but that's a homerun, right?" Y/n laughed as he calmly walked around

After a short period of insulting the pitcher of the CCFD, Y/n found himself back in Centre Field as he watched balls fly through the air, grabbing the ones he had to grab but that all changed when a familiar CCFD member stepped up to home base. Y/n rolled his shoulders back as he got ready to run wherever it was he needed to run.