Chapter 17: Brunch

"What?" Nora sat with a look of pure shock as she looked at the man across from her, she had expected him to be angry or hurt or something like that but hearing him drop the L-bomb just as she sat down was something she wasn't prepared for.

"It's just," Y/n leaned back in his seat as he looked at Nora. "I thought I was going to be angry at you guys, I thought I wasn't going to see you and even thought it would be for the best and yet," He paused for a moment as he played around with his coffee cup. "The moment I see you, everything slows down again, everything becomes complete,"

"Y/n," Nora paused for a moment as she stared at the Speedster. "I... I..."

"Don't have to say it," He cut her off with a smile. "You don't have to say it because I did," He reassured her as he sipped his drink.

"But I already told you I had feelings for you..."

"But Love is something else, it's more serious than just feelings," He pointed out, his voice was low but it wasn't hurt or angry, it was calming and Nora could listen to it all day. "Like you've heard already, I experienced a lot more time than you guys, I've had a lot more time to think and process things," He explained, sounding a lot more mature now and Nora wasn't sure if that was because if this event or if he was doing it on purpose. "You spent a day without me while I spent years without you and I know for a fact, I don't want to spend any more time without you and I'm okay with that being romantic or pure plutonic, as long as you are part of my life,"

"Don't be ridiculous," Nora muttered as she moved to sit next to him instead of across from him. "We could never have a plutonic relationship, not after we told each other about our feelings, not after all the times we've kissed and definitely not after the wonderful time at the Gala," She spoke with a smile as she took his larger hand in hers. "I wouldn't be against the idea of another date or two," She smiled as she watched Y/n.

Her eyes were soft and caring, for a moment Y/n forgot about the rest of the world as his eyes scanned her face again and again before settling in on her lips as he thought about the last time he kissed her, he found himself wanting to taste her lips again and it seemed like Nora noticed this as she ran her tongue across her lips as she stared at Y/n.

Y/n was snapped back to reality by the sound of his phone ringing as he quickly fished it out of his pocket. "Talk to me," He spoke after glancing at the unknown caller ID.

"Hey there Y/n," A familiar voice called out.

"Mom?! Hi," Y/n was caught off guard by the sudden call as he furrowed his eyebrows and he glanced at Nora, who seemed more intrigued by the call rather than confused. "How did you get my number?" He probably shouldn't need to ask that question but he did nor did he have to sound dry and frustrated but he was interrupted.

"Caitlin gave it to me," Y/n felt his eyes roll as Mirabelle explained, Nora gave his hand a slight squeeze to get him to look at her and she gave him a stern gaze, warning him to behave. "I was busy throwing together a little Brunch and wanted to ask you to come over," She explained as Y/n heard movement from her side followed by chopping.

"Join you for Brunch?" Y/n sounded confused but then again, he still kinda was. "I don't see why not, it'll give us time to catch up," He shrugged his shoulders, it was a chance to spend time with his mother, why would he say no?...

"Make sure to bring your girlfriend," Y/n almost choked on thin air as he heard his mother's comment but he was able to hide most of his reaction, besides his eyes widening in shock. "Nora if I'm correct?"

"We're not..." Y/n was about to argue but his eyes landed on his hand that was interlocked with Nora's. "Where did you even hear that?" He regretted asking that almost instantly because there was one person he could easily guess.