Chapter 14: Fold

"That's for you," Sherloque spoke as he handed a piece of paper to Y/n.

"What the hell is this?" Y/n asked as he scanned over the document.

"That's the hours to apply to my debt," Sherloque explained before Ralph snatched the piece of paper out of Y/n's hand.

"And I'll make sure the right amount of hours are applied," Ralph spoke as he, Caitlin and Cisco gave Y/n a knowing stare before turning their attention back to the Greatest Detective.

"Fruitful hours spent getting closer to uncovering the identity of your serial meta killer, Cicada," Sherloque seemed to brag for the sake of bragging.

"And how's that?" A not-so-impressed Cisco Ramon asked as he watched Sherloque unfold some large piece of paper.

"Well, I apply a complex formula... Complex for you," Cisco and Y/n looked at each other as Sherloque spoke. "Involving the terminal velocity and the weight of the Star Lab satellite and the velocity of Barry and Nora travelling when they..." Sherloque rumbled on as he punched his palm right in front of Cisco's face, causing him to jump slightly. "Destroyed the satellite, allowing me to conclude," He said as he laid the paper flat on the table. "That the debris from the satellite became shrapnel and the man who will become our Cicada will be found in this parameter," Sherloque pointed at the large area he had outlined.

"And that took you how long?" Caitlin didn't sound impressed as she looked at the map in front of her.

"Oh Doctor Snow, eighteen hours because I'm only semi-excellent in algebra," Sherloque muttered as Y/n and Cisco glanced at each other in confusion.

"This is calculus, right?" Cisco asked the Speedster, both on the verge of laughter as they listened to the Detective.

"Guy... Calculus, Algebra, either way, this doesn't tell us where the shrapnel fell," Ralph cut in, slightly annoyed at the lack of progress that wasted eighteen hours.

"No, we would have to scan the entire city to find the exact location," Sherloque piped up as he looked at the team.

"Seeing as you guys have this covered," Y/n muttered as he stood up, grabbing his jacket. "I'm going to head out because there are only so many pointless calculations I can listen to in a day," Y/n shook his head as he took one final look at the map. "Let me know if you need me," And with that, teal and orange lightning dashed out of the room.

Y/n walked through the corridors of the CCPD which had become a normal thing at this point, greeting a few of the people there as he entered the break room which was mostly empty except for the lone figure standing near the coffee machine. "Hi," Y/n called out as he watched her spin around, auburn hair spinning all over the place.

"Hi," Taylor greeted, voice giving away her surprise as she looked at the taller figure.

"How are you feeling?" Y/n asked as he walked over to her, leaning against the wall as he watched Taylor. "Nora told me about the event that happened to you two," Y/n elaborated as he watched Taylor fidget with the machine.

"Oh, yeah," Taylor muttered as she tried getting the machine to work with her.

"Let me help you with that," Y/n chuckled as he took over operating the machine, his normal grace returning as he moved across the contraption.

"Thanks, I use these things so much but I can't get this one on my side," Taylor let out a dry laugh as she watched the Thawne work. "My father would have died of laughter by now, he showed me how to do this like a million times," She buried her face in her hands as she thought about it.

"Really?"

"Yeah, he used to be a Barista before... Changing careers," Taylor spoke as Y/n slid the cup of fresh coffee over to her.