Chapter 3: Thawne

"Dad, stop!" Nora's voice echoed through the tension-filled air as she materialized between her father and the mysterious figure in the yellow suit

"Dad, stop!" Nora's voice echoed through the tension-filled air as she materialized between her father and the mysterious figure in the yellow suit. The speedster's sudden appearance halted Barry's advance, his brows furrowing as he observed the scene before him.

"Nora, get out of the way," Barry's voice was laden with concern, his eyes never leaving the battered figure that leaned against the wall, struggling to maintain his stance. Confusion danced in his eyes as he tried to piece together the puzzle laid out before him. "Do you have any idea who that is?"

Nora's determination was unwavering as she locked eyes with her father, her stance unwavering. "I do," she replied with a sense of conviction, a spark of intensity in her gaze. She took a measured step back, creating a physical distance between herself and Barry while narrowing her focus on the yellow-suited speedster. "You don't," she added, her voice holding a hint of sombre realization.

Turning her attention towards the figure in yellow, Nora's expression softened. "Y/n, what are you doing here?" she questioned softly, her voice laced with both relief and curiosity. Her fingers deftly reached for the black mouthpiece of his suit, her actions careful and deliberate as she began to assist him. "How did you even get here?"

A rueful chuckle escaped Y/n's lips as he leaned against the wall, his body still trembling from the exertion of his journey. "I ran," he replied, his words carrying a hint of exhaustion and a touch of humour. His gaze met Nora's, a mixture of emotions swirling within his eyes. "How'd you get here?" Y/n's voice dripped with playful sarcasm, his lips curling into a faint smile.

"I called an Uber," Nora quipped, her fingers working skillfully to remove the mask that concealed Y/n's identity. As the mask was lifted, revealing his face to her parents, Nora's gaze shifted towards Barry and Iris. "Mom, Dad, this is Y/n," she introduced her tone a delicate blend of affection and reassurance.

Barry's brows remained furrowed, his expression a blend of astonishment and caution. He studied Y/n's face, his mind working to process the unexpected turn of events. His voice held a hint of scepticism as he spoke, his eyes never leaving Y/n's gaze. "Y/n? Do we know you?"

Iris, standing beside Barry, watched the scene unfold with a mix of curiosity and concern. Her eyes flickered between Y/n and Nora, her maternal instincts on high alert. "Nora, who is this?" she inquired gently, her voice carrying a touch of unease.

Nora's grip on Y/n's arm tightened slightly, her touch conveying both reassurance and determination. She shifted her focus towards her parents, her gaze unwavering as she began to explain Y/n's presence. "Y/n is... well, he's complicated, Dad. But right now, he needs our help," she conveyed, her words carrying the weight of trust and vulnerability. "Caitlin, could you please help me here? You are a doctor after all," Nora's eyes turned towards the woman who had been standing beside Cisco.

Caitlin nodded in agreement, her professionalism kicking in without hesitation. "She's got a point," Caitlin responded, her tone decisive. Swiftly, she moved to a nearby bed, removing boxes from it to clear the space. She stepped aside just in time for Nora to use her speed to transport Y/n over to the bed, assisting him in lying down. "Can you hear me?" Caitlin inquired as she leaned over the yellow-clad speedster, her penlight in hand.