Chapter one

3rd Person POV:

Wendy stood at her locker, her shoulders tense as classmates were loudly talking through the halls.

"Wendy, hey, have you heard from Will?" Dustin approached her.

"No, I thought he was at Mike's with you guys," Wendy said.

"Oh, well, he didn't come to school today," Dustin said.

"I'm sure he's okay. Maybe he got sick, or something," Wendy shrugged. "How was the campaign last night?"

"Will lost to the Demogorgan," Dustin sighed. "So we'll have to try again sometime. Hopefully, you can come too."

"Hopefully. My parents grounded me for 'having an attitude'," Wendy quoted.

"Attitude? You?" Dustin asked in shock then he laughed. "I can't imagine you actually having an attitude unless someone messes with your things."

Wendy laughed and then the bell rang, making her jump at the noise.

"How's your project going?" Dustin asked as he held out the eraser end of his pencil.

"It's practically done, I just have to make sure the moss dried properly," Wendy grabbed the pencil and easily followed Dustin through the crowded hallways. She blinked and looked at the pencil in their hands. "Is this a new pencil?"

"Yes, how'd you know?" Dustin asked as they made it to their science class.

"The eraser feels new," Wendy said and let go of the pencil to sit in her seat.

"It's so cool how you just know that!" Dustin said.

"Know what?" Mike asked as he and Lucas sat in their seats.

"Wendy managed to figure out this was a new pencil because of the eraser," Dustin said while holding up the pencil.

"The pencil isn't even sharpened, it could have been any other pencil you guys use," Lucas pointed out.

"I usually use this one," Dustin held up an old, unsharpened pencil. "It had all these dents in it and the eraser is slightly used."

"Your sense of touch is weird," Mike narrowed his eyes at Wendy. "You hate being touched, yet you know when something feels new."

Wendy only shrugged and perked up when Mr. Clarke entered the room.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

"Excuse me, is Wendy Harrington in here?" The principal entered the 7th-grade history class. Wendy's heart started thumping wildly in her chest, was she in trouble?

"Wendy, honey, if you could just come with me for a moment," The principal noticed her. "You can bring your stuff."

"Uh-oh, the dweeb is in trouble," A classmate snickered to her friends.

Wendy collected her things and followed the principal out of the classroom.

"Am I in trouble?" Wendy asked.

"No, I have Sheriff Hopper here needing to ask you a few questions," The principal said, opening the office door and motioning to Wendy to go inside.

Wendy went in and sat down in a chair in front of Sheriff Hopper.

"What's going on?" Wendy asked, hugging her backpack to her chest.

"According to Joyce Byers, you are friends with Will Byers, correct?" Hopper asked. Wendy nodded. "Joyce came to me and said that Will didn't come home last night, did you happen to see him last night?"