El Misses Wendy

3rd Person POV:

"Wendy," El said, practically scaring Hopper as he was making breakfast in complete silence, save for the tv playing in the background.

"Uh, yeah, what about her?" Hopper asked, putting raw bacon on the frying pan.

"Tv," El said.

"What about the tv?" Hopper sighed.

"Wendy is a drawing on tv," El pointed to the tv.

Hopper blinked as he processed what was said before turning his head to look at the tv playing in the living room. He sighed in small relief when he finally understood what the girl meant.

"Wendy on the tv is a cartoon fictional character," Hopper explained. "Do we remember what 'fictional' means?"

"Not real," El answered.

"That is correct," Hopper nodded.

"Same name as my Wendy," El pointed out. "'Wendy Darling'."

"Yeah, yeah, your Wendy was named after the cartoon," Hopper confirmed.

"Wendy flies," El said, sitting down on the couch now.

"Yeah, she does," Hopper said, absentmindedly, flipping the bacon.

"I made her fly," El said.

Hopper stared into space as he processed, again, what she just said.

"What?"

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

"You visited him again last night?" Hopper asked when he noticed the tv in El's room.

"Mike says he needs me," El mumbled, looking down at her eggs. "Wendy says she has a 'Chrissmaas present' for me too."

"You want me to check on them?" Hopper asked, making El shake her head. "I know you miss them, but it is too dangerous. You'll see them again soon, and not just in that head of yours, in real life. I feel like I'm making progress with these people."

"Friends don't lie," El whispered, looking at Hopper.

"What?" Hopper asked in confusion.

"You say 'soon' on day 21, you say 'soon' on day 205, you now say 'soon' on day 326?" El asked. "When is 'soon'?"

"'Soon' is when it is not dangerous anymore," Hopper avoided the question.

"When?" El wanted an answer.

"I don't know," Hopper shrugged.

"On day 500? On day 600?" El insisted.

"I don't know," Hopper said.

"On day 700?!" El asked, growing more angry.

"I don't know!" Hopper said.

"I need to see them!!" El said loudly. She telepathically threw his Eggos onto his lap, dirtying his attire. She was indifferent to Hopper's anger as she stood up with him. "Friends don't lie!"

El stomped to her room, slamming the door closed and throwing herself onto her bed, grabbing Hopper's old walkman he gave to her, making sure the tape was at the beginning. She put on her headphones and laid down, curling into a ball as the ballad played. She closed her eyes and imagined herself that night all those months ago, the night Wendy shared her music with her in Mike's basement.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

El wandered into the void, deciding to check on her friends while Kali was waiting for her.

"Are you insane!?" El stared at the teen boy, whom she assumed was Wendy's older brother, as he shook Wendy's shoulders. She grew concerned when the boy looked at Wendy in a small amount of fear. "Wendy?"

"I have to go," Wendy was monotone, and El looked at her in confusion.

"'Go'? Go where?" Dustin asked.

"Wendy, you're..you're scaring me," Wendy's brother said.

"I have to go," Wendy repeated, walking away from her brother and friends.

El didn't like the way Wendy was walking and talking like she was in a trance. It scared El when Wendy didn't respond to her friends calling out for her. Wendy had to be in trouble, something had to have happened to her.

The vision of Wendy faded away, being replaced with Hopper and Mike.

"It's a trap! Get them out of there! It's a trap!" Mike screamed when he was being stopped by guards to enter a room. "They're going to die! It's a trap!"

El snapped out of the vision, taking off her blindfold. Her friends were in trouble, she had to save them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonus chapter!

Sorry for the late updates, work got in the way 😴 😴

I hope you enjoyed this short chapter!

Leave a vote and comment what you think!