Chapter five

3rd Person POV:

"Wendy Bird, come in Wendy Bird, over!"

Wendy groaned as she was woken up, way earlier than she prefers, by the sound of Dustin's voice coming in through her walkie-talkie. Albeit a little staticky since Dustin is a little out of range but she could still understand him.

"Hello!? Wendy, this is important, over!"

Wendy groaned and flopped over to reach her nightstand, grabbing her walkie-talkie and extending the antenna.

"What, Dustin? Over," Wendy asked, her voice filled with exhaustion, sadness, and annoyance.

"We're taking El to school with us but she needs to blend in, any tips? Over."

"Are you guys insane!?" Wendy sat up quickly in her bed.

"Yes, they are!" Lucas cut in before she heard Dustin whine 'I'm talking to Wendy'.

"Um, since El is a little pale, just use some blush on her cheeks but not too much, I guess..over," Wendy sighed, rubbing her eyes.

"You're the best! We'll meet you at the bike rack at school, okay? Over."

"I was..hoping to just skip school today.." Wendy slumped her shoulders.

"What!? No! Mike is convinced El can communicate to Will but we need a stronger signal, so we're going to the A/V room before Will's memorial, over."

"I'm extremely confused.." Wendy said, furrowing her brows. Will is dead, the cops found his body.

"Just meet us at the school, and we'll explain more there, okay?"

"I guess.." Wendy sighed while pushing her blankets off her legs. "I'll meet you guys there."

"Great! This is Dustin, over and out!"

The line cut and Wendy pushed down the antenna.

Wendy sighed once more and got out of bed to get ready.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

Wendy, after convincing Steve she didn't need a ride to and from school, finally made it to the bike rack of the middle school, meeting the party plus El.

"This is late, even for you," Lucas pointed out, making Wendy shrug.

"I had to convince Steve I didn't need a ride to school, so I was a bit behind schedule," Wendy said, finally seeing El and what the boys dressed her in. "Not too bad, but where did you get the wig?"

"Not important, let's go," Mike waved off, leading everyone inside the school and to the A/V room.

"I'm still waiting for an explanation, by the way.." Wendy said as Dustin tried to pick the lock to the door.

"Will is alive," Mike said, making Wendy blink in surprise. "I sound insane, I know, but it's true. Just wait, when El figures out how to channel him again, then you'll see."

"Damn it! I can't get it!" Dustin huffed, standing up then faced El. "You think you can use your powers to open it?"

Before El could think about doing it, Mr. Clarke popped out from the corner, starting the party and they hoped not to seem too suspicious.

"What are you kids doing here?" Mr. Clarke asked.

"We just..um.." Lucas floundered for an explanation.

"We want to go inside the A/V room- ow!" Wendy yelped when Mike pinched her arm.

"Oh, I understand what's happening here," Mr. Clarke nodded in understanding. "I'm sure this is a very emotional time for you kids, there's no shame in showing your emotions about it, but I can't let you guys in there right now, it's time for the memorial in the gym."