Chapter nineteen

3rd Person POV:

Wendy watched Nancy pull out dresses from Wendy's closet, throwing them on the bed. She knew Steve and Nancy broke up, but she didn't want that to affect her friendship with Nancy. She and Nancy grew close and Nancy was like a sister to Wendy and vice versa.

"Why do I have to go again?" Wendy asked.

"Because everyone else is going and I refuse to have you here all alone when we all deserve a nice night," Nancy said without looking at Wendy. "The nice and cheesy music, the snacks, the punch, the dancing."

"But I don't know how to dance!" Wendy whined, flopping on her bed. "Even Steve tried to teach me but I don't like the touching part of the dancing! It's too intimate for me!"

"Then don't dance to the slow songs," Nancy shrugged, digging around the closet for shoes. She let out a cry of triumph. "These heels are so cute! You're wearing these."

"I hid those from my mom for a reason," Wendy grumbled when she saw the blue heels. Her mother gifted them to her but Wendy didn't like heels at the time, even if they were kitten heels, so she hid them deep in her closet. How Nancy found it, she has no idea.

"Alright, this dress, with these heels," Nancy pointed to the attire. "I'll leave so you can change and then I'll help you with your hair and makeup."

"Fine," Wendy sighed, sitting up and waiting for Nancy to leave.

Once Nancy left the room, Wendy got up and started getting changed. She caught a glimpse at her dresser, seeing the new Polaroid picture of her and El smiling brightly at the camera. El's eyes were closed because she didn't expect the flash, but that's what made it more unique. It was one of the first pictures from the camera. That's what Wendy gifted El, the newest Polaroid camera so El could capture her happy memories to replace the bad ones.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

Wendy stood at the gym doors, cringing at the loud music and chatter of other students

Wendy stood at the gym doors, cringing at the loud music and chatter of other students. Her hair was down past her shoulders, nothing in her hair, and she has simple mascara and lipgloss. It was all Wendy could handle without her having sensory overload.

Wendy looked around the gym and finally saw her friends by the chairs and tables. She avoided bumping into other students, which was very hard to do since everyone was dancing wildly, and finally made it to her destination.

"No way!" Max squealed when she saw Wendy. She swatted Lucas' arm. "I told you she would come!"

"Steve said you refused to leave your room!" Dustin said over the loud music.

"Nancy found out and came over and forced me to come," Wendy said over the music.

"You look really good, Wendy!" Will smiled.

"You look different, but a good different!" Mike said.

"She looks amazing," Max gushed. "Simple, but amazing. We are totally gonna go shopping in the future!"

"I'm pretty sure my dad can let me use his credit card," Wendy shrugged.

A slow song came on and Wendy immediately sat down.

"Come on, stalker, dance with me," Max dragged Lucas to the dance floor.

"If you guys will excuse me," Dustin excused himself from Mike, Will, and Wendy, going to approach a girl to dance.

Mike and Will sat next to Wendy, the three of them watching their peers slow dance.

"Hey, dweeb, wanna dance?" A boy approached Wendy.

"No, go away," Wendy said immediately.

"Way to ask a girl to dance," Mike snarked to the boy.

The boy walked away from the pair with a roll of his eyes.

"Whatever nerds," He said before disappearing into the crowd.

"Mouthbreather," Mike and Wendy said in unison.

"You two are sometimes so alike it's scary," Will laughed.

Wendy kicked Mike's shoe, pointing his attention to the doors. El stood there in a blue dress and her hair was done neatly.

"Go and dance with her," Wendy encouraged.

Mike didn't need to be told twice and got up to approach El. Once they started dancing, Nancy suddenly approached Wendy and Will, Dustin right behind her.

"Come on, you two, we are dancing," Nancy teasingly scolded. She grabbed Will's hand and the sleeve of Wendy's dress, dragging them to the dance floor near their friends.

Nancy started slow dancing with Dustin while Wendy and Will moved side to side like they were dancing but they weren't touching each other. When Mike and El kissed, and also Max and Lucas kissed, Wendy and Will looked at each other with matching shocked faces, giggling to themselves.

"Did not expect that," Wendy giggled.

"Neither did I," Will giggled as well.

"Lovebirds~!" Dustin teased Mike, El, Max, and Lucas.

"Shut up, Dustin," Mike said, fighting off a blush.

"Gross," Wendy giggled even more.

"You're just jealous," Lucas said.

"Jealous of what!?" Wendy asked, not picking up on Lucas' teasing tone. "I have nothing to be jealous of!"

"You wish you got your first kiss," Lucas continued to tease.

"Lucas," Dustin sighed.

"Ew! Sounds gross!" Wendy gagged.

"Wendy, he's teasing," Dustin shook his head at Wendy.

"Oh," Wendy blinked.

Her friends chuckled at Wendy's seriousness. The Snowball dance was more fun than Wendy thought, she wouldn't admit that to anyone, but they knew her feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Season 2 era is finally done! Yay!

Leave a vote and comment what you think!