Chapter twenty-six:

3rd Person POV:

Wendy sobbed on the floor, curled into a ball as she tried to imagine she was somewhere else. Home with Steve, El's cabin, Mike's basement, Will's house, Dustin's house, Lucas' house, the road right outside Max's house to watch her skateboard. Anywhere else but here. She doesn't know how long she's been in this room, 'interrogated' by a Russian guard, but she knows it's too long. She doesn't know if Steve and Robin are okay if they're alive.

"Who do you work for?" The Russian interrogated, his accent heavy.

"No one!" Wendy cried.

Wendy screamed in pain when she was tased again by a glorified cattle prod.

"How did you get here?" He interrogated once again.

"It was an accident, I swear!" Wendy sobbed.

Wendy screamed in pain once again when she was tased.

The room door opened, and another guard came in and said something in Russian. Wendy was grabbed by the arms, and taken out of the room while kicking and screaming. She was taken to another room and tossed to the ground.

"Wendy!"

Wendy perked up and saw Steve restrained on a chair, his face battered and bloodied.

"Stevie!" Wendy cried, scrambling to run to him but was stopped by a guard.

"Maybe this will get you to talk," The guard said, standing next to Steve and another guard and a man wearing a lab coat standing beside a kneeling Wendy.

"Who do you work for?" The guard next to Steve asked.

"Nobody, please, don't hurt her!" Steve cried, struggling against his restraints.

The buzz of the taser caused Wendy to whimper in fear and crawl backward away from the guard holding the taser.

"Scoops! Scoops Ahoy! It's an ice cream place at the Starcourt Mall!" Steve shouted desperately. "I-it's nothing important! Just please, please don't hurt my sister!"

The buzz stopped, and Wendy frantically looked up at the guards and the man wearing a lab coat.

"We'll give you some..time to think about your answers," The guard said, giving a nod to the two men standing by Wendy.

The guard standing next to Wendy grabbed her, one hand restraining her arms and the other keeping her head still. The man with the lab coat held a syringe with a yellow-colored liquid inside.

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa! What is that!? What are you doing!?" Steve panicked as the liquid was injected into Wendy's neck. "What are you doing to her!?"

The guard dropped Wendy to the floor, the girl's eyes already starting to droop but she was trying so hard to fight against it.

"Wendy!? Wendy, look at me! Hey, look at me!" Steve begged, trying to get her attention.

"S-Stev-vie?" Wendy slurred, shaking her head a bit to keep herself awake. She swayed from her spot on her hands and knees. "Some..thing's wrong..."

"No no no, everything's gonna be okay, everything's gonna be okay," Steve said. He turned to the guard. "What the hell did you give her!?"

The guard didn't answer, except he cut Steve's restraints. Steve should've attacked the guard, but he didn't. Instead, he threw himself to the floor and took his sister into his arms.

"Hey hey hey, I got you," Steve said, using a hand to brush Wendy's hair away from her face. "Look at me, hey, hi. I got you now, it's okay."

"'M don't think 'm..dying," Wendy slurred, her eyes getting heavier but blinking hard to fight it. "S-sedativvve..like hosspital..jussst..quuickerr.."