Chapter three

3rd Person POV:

Wendy delicately held her diorama on her lap as Steve drove to school. He normally didn't drive her to school, but since she had her art project, he decided to avoid a meltdown and peacefully drive his sister to school. The project wasn't exactly due today, it's due tomorrow, but her teacher wanted to have the finished projects at the school so it would be ready to showcase the next day.

"After how much you worked on that thing, you better get an A," Steve scoffed as he pulled into the school and then turned off the car.

"I know I will," Wendy nodded firmly. "I'm the best artist in the class, besides Will.."

Wendy grew quiet at the mention of her missing friend.

"Hey, they'll find him," Steve said, attempting to comfort his sister.

"I know," Wendy said a bit too quickly. She unbuckled her seatbelt. "Just don't leave me stranded after school or I'll shave your head."

"You shave my head, I'll break your walkman," Steve scoffed, making Wendy gasp when she opened her door. Steve blinked at his sister's shocked gaze. "Wendy, I was being sarcastic."

"Oh..you were..joking," Wendy said slowly.

"Yes," Steve nodded, enunciating his speech.

"Well, I wasn't," Wendy said before exiting the car, closing the car door with her foot and holding her diorama in her arms.

"What-Wendy!" Steve called after her, exiting his car and placing his arm on the roof of the car. "I swear if you come near me with clippers-!"

"Go find Nancy or whatever!" Wendy called out over her shoulder as she walked to the middle school.

"Hey, what was that about?" Nancy walked up to Steve with a small laugh after hearing Wendy's last words.

"Wendy being her ever-so-serious self," Steve grumbled as he shut the car door and leaned against it.

"When is your sister ever not serious, Harrington, really?" Tommy asked, approaching Steve with Carol under his arm.

"I don't think she has a joking bone in her body," Carol giggled.

Steve rolled his eyes at that, putting his arm over Nancy's shoulders.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

"Holy shit, Wendy!" Dustin gasped as he and Lucas marveled over Wendy's project. The three of them are sitting on the outside bench of their school near the parking lot.

"You are definitely getting an A," Lucas said with a smile.

"And if you don't, we will have a serious talk with the art teacher because this is seriously amazing," Dustin said.

Wendy blushed at the compliments, even though they always do this whenever she would make something.

"Steve thinks I should get an A," Wendy admitted.

"See! Even Steve knows!" Dustin said excitedly. "At this point, a blind person can see you deserve the win."

"When Mike and Will see this, they would agree tenfold," Lucas brought up.

"You think so?" Wendy asked.

"We know so," Lucas agreed.

"How did you do the moss?" Dustin asked.

Before Wendy could answer, Troy Walsh and James Dante walked up to the group.

"Well, look at who we have here," Troy laughed along with James. "Where's frog face?"