Chapter two

3rd Person POV:

The four friends stood in Mike's basement, looking at the strange girl, who was shivering in the blanket Wendy cautiously put around her shoulders.

"I don't recognize her from school," Wendy said.

"You think she's home-schooled?" Lucas asked.

"What's your name?" Mike asked the girl. No answer.

"Maybe she's deaf," Dustin wondered. He clapped in front of her face, making the girl jump in surprise. "Not deaf."

"She's just scared," Wendy pointed out. "And she's cold."

"Cold, right, okay," Mike said, frantically looking around the basement for some clothes. He finally found some sweatpants and a sweater for the girl to wear.

"Here, you can change into these," Mike gave the clothes to her.

The girl accepted the clothes and then stood up from the couch, reaching over and about to take off her shirt.

"No!!" Wendy quickly placed her hands over her eyes.

"Whoa!" Lucas turned his head.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" Dustin averted his eyes.

"No, you don't change out here," Mike quickly stopped her, making her freeze in her tracks. He pointed to the bathroom. "See there? That's the bathroom. You can change there."

Mike walked the girl to the bathroom while Wendy, Dustin, and Lucas all looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Was she about to-?" Lucas asked.

"Where is she from?" Wendy asked.

"Somewhere where she thought it was okay to just-" Dustin mimicked taking off his shirt.

"Mike, what's your plan here?" Lucas asked when Mike joined them.

"Well, we can't tell my parents exactly how we found her, all of us will be grounded for life!" Mike said.

"My parents are away on a business trip and if they find out I snuck out, they'll come back and Steve will be mad at me because our parents will get on his case on why he didn't watch me and-" Wendy started panicking.

"Wendy, take a breath," Mike cut in, Wendy taking a very needed deep breath. He grabbed an unsolved Rubik's cube and gave it to her. "Work on this while I figure out how to not get us all in trouble."

"Thank you," Wendy sighed in relief, taking the Rubik's cube and sitting on the couch, putting all her focus on the colored cube.

"Okay, uh, tomorrow, I'll stay home from school, pretend I'm sick, tell her to sneak out, ring the doorbell, and then she will be my mom's problem," Mike said.

"And if she recognizes us? What then?" Lucas asked.

"I'll tell her to pretend she doesn't know us," Mike shrugged.

"Your plan sucks," Lucas rolled his eyes.

"I don't see you coming up with anything!" Mike got defensive.

"We tell your mom the truth," Lucas said. "Dustin, back me up here."

"I'm done," Wendy said, holding up the solved Rubik's cube.

"How did you solve that so quick?!" Mike asked in shock, the three boys were amazed at Wendy's talent for quick problem-solving puzzles. "I've been stuck on that for weeks!"

"Mike's plan is risky, but it's all we got," Wendy sighed, leaning back on the couch. "It's also better than nothing and if we are grounded, we can't look for Will."

"See, at least Wendy has my back," Mike bragged. "You should also get home before your brother finds out and if you get stressed, you won't be on your a-game."

"Great idea," Wendy nodded. She got up from the couch and grabbed her umbrella from the table. "I'll let you know if I'm grounded..again."

"Be careful!" Dustin called out as Wendy left through the back door to the backyard.

Wendy got to her bike and started biking towards her house. It took a while, and when she finally made it home, she noticed Steve's car in the driveway.

"Oh no.." Wendy whispered, quickly stashing her bike near the garage and started sneaking her way to the backyard. She went to the back sliding door of the house and had to refrain herself from doing a happy dance when she found it unlocked. She slowly slid the door open and was about to step through but screamed in surprise when Steve suddenly slammed his hand against the doorframe to scare her.

"I should've kept this door locked to watch you struggle sneaking up the side of the house to your window," Steve said with a smug look. He looked up at the rainy night sky. "But, I decided to have a small amount of care, because the last thing I need is you falling and breaking your neck."

Wendy slumped her shoulders when Steve leaned against the doorframe with crossed arms.

"Are you going to tell mom and dad?" Wendy asked.

"Nah, I don't want them turning around, especially if I plan to throw a party tomorrow night," Steve said, still not letting Wendy in the house.

"Can I go inside now? I'm getting cold," Wendy huffed.

"Only if you promise to go to Mike's house tomorrow night while I throw my party," Steve said. Wendy nodded. Steve finally let Wendy in the house. "Now go take a shower. I'm not taking care of you if you get sick."

"I wouldn't ask for your help anyway.." Wendy mumbled as she went up the stairs.

"You're also cleaning up the water mess you made on the floor just now!" Steve called up the stairs.

"Only if you fix your face first!" Wendy took off her raincoat and threw it at Steve's face.

"You little-" Steve huffed, running up the stairs after his sister, who shut and locked her door in time.

"I hope you do get sick, you little shit!" Steve hit his hand against Wendy's door. "I'm gonna kick your ass next time I see you!"

"I'll make sure to sneeze on you!" Wendy snarked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can see, Steve and Wendy get along very well. 

Leave a vote and comment on what you think!