Chapter twenty-five

3rd Person POV:

Wendy yawned as she stretched her back. They had to spend the night in this stupid Russian elevator. The sound of Dustin on the roof of the elevator hoping to reach someone on his walkie-talkie.

"He's gonna waste his battery," Wendy sighed as she stood up.

"I'll talk to him," Steve said, climbing up the boxes to join Dustin.

"I hope you have something useful in that backpack of yours," Erica said, pointing to Wendy's backpack.

"Uh, yeah, snacks," Wendy said, opening her backpack and tossing Erica and Robin some fruit snacks.

"Hmm, you're almost forgiven," Erica hummed while opening her package of fruit snacks.

A stream running down the side of the wall made the three girls gag.

"Can you redirect your stream please?" Robin asked loudly.

The stream moved along the wall, making Wendy pull a disgusted face. Erica grabbed a canister of green goop and started banging it to try and get it to open.

"Whoa whoa whoa! What are you doing!?" Robin asked, stopping Erica. "We don't know what this is!"

"Exactly! It could be useful," Erica argued.

"'Useful' how?" Robin asked.

"We can survive down here a long time without food, thanks to Wendy, it could be even longer," Erica said. "But if the human body doesn't get water, it will die."

"I hate to break it to you, but this isn't water," Robin said.

"No, but it's a liquid, so if it comes down to me drinking that shit or dying of thirst, I'm drinking it," Erica said.

"No, the way the bubbles are inside of it, it looks thick," Wendy said as she finished her fruit snacks. "And thick liquid doesn't taste good, no matter what the flavor is."

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

The Scoops Troop waited at the top of the elevator as the Russians stood in the elevator to inspect the boxes. Once the Russians left, the doors started to close. Everyone quickly jumped down and Steve quickly placed a canister of the green goop to stop the elevator. As soon as everyone made it to the other side of the elevator, the canister shattered. Turns out, the green goop was acid.

"You still wanna drink that?" Robin asked Erica.

"Only if I wanted a slow death.." Wendy muttered, turning to see the very long hallway.

"Well, this is gonna take a while.." Wendy whistled.

"Good thing you have your comfortable shoes on today," Steve said.

"Very true," Wendy nodded.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

They were walking for what felt like years before they reached the end. The place was filled with Russian guards and Russian scientists.

"Okay, stay low, and stay on my ass," Steve said quietly as they hid behind some crates.

The group followed Steve to a room that they thought was empty. It wasn't until Steve closed the door that Wendy noticed the guard at the table.

"Uh, guys," Wendy got their attention, also getting the guard's attention.

The guard said something in Russian, but Wendy was 95% sure he was asking who they were and how they got there. Robin stepped forward and said something in Russian. It seemed to confuse him momentarily before he reached for his gun.

Steve screamed and ran to the guard, tackling him into the table of controls.

"Kick his ass, Steve!" Wendy and Dustin cheered.

It wasn't until Steve grabbed a corded phone and hit the guard in the head with it, knocking him out.

"Holy shit!" Dustin said. "Steve! You just won a fight!"

"Hell yeah!" Wendy cheered. She turned her head to a nearby window and widened her eyes.

"Dustin?" Wendy asked.

"What's up?" Dustin asked.

"Please tell me that the Russians aren't opening up a Gate to the Upside Down.." Wendy pleaded quietly as everyone approached the window.

"Jesus Christ," Steve said. "I thought all that stuff was over."

"What would the Russians want with the Upside Down?" Dustin asked.

"You're gonna have to fill us in," Robin said as she pointed to herself and Erica.

"Uh, well," Wendy was about to explain when an alarm sounded, startling all of them.

"What the hell is that?!" Erica asked.

"Bad, it's bad!" Wendy said, noticing the people pointing at them through the window. "We gotta go!"

The Scoops Troop ran out the door and tried to make a run to the exit, but had to turn around when guards came to them while pointing guns. They ran into a room and Steve, Robin, and Wendy held the door shut as Dustin and Erica tried to find a way out.

"What about this?!" Erica asked while pointing to a vent on the floor.

"Go! Get out of here!" Robin shouted, the three teens doing their best to hold the door shut against the Russians who really wanted to get in.

"Wendy, go with them!" Steve said quickly.

"No way! I'm not leaving you here!" Wendy refused, trying to get good traction in her shoes.

"Wendy! Come on!" Dustin said and he and Erica started to go into the large vent.

"Go!" Wendy shouted.

"I'm coming back, I swear!" Dustin screamed as he finally went into the vent, closing it after him.

The three teens held the door for about two seconds before they fell forward to the floor, the Russians running in and pointing their guns at them.

This was not how Wendy wanted her summer to go...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evil Russian plans have been revealed, dundundunnn

Leave a vote and comment what you think!