53

53| It's a...

Desiree's POV
Lunch

I grabbed my lunchbox out of my backpack and left the classroom to go to the lunch room. Oh, I almost forgot something. I went in my backpack and grabbed a hat for my friend. I then walked to the lunchroom and saw her sitting at the table. I walked over to her and she smiled.

"Hi, Rose."

"Hi Des. What's that?" She asked pointing to the hat I held in my hands.

"It's for you." I handed it to her and she thanked me. She took the hat and put it on her head. I gave her a hat because she had cancer and she's bald. The kids tease her about her not having hair so I gave her a hat so she won't be teased.

"What do you have for lunch?" We opened our lunchboxes at the same time.

"Umm... I have a turkey sandwich, chips, juice, and some fruit." I said and she nodded.

"I have the same thing but crackers instead of chips." We ate our lunch peacefully until these two girls walked up to us. Those are the main girls who tease Rose for being bald and having cancer. Like it's her fault. I saw Rose tug at her hat and I sighed.

"Look at her, like a hat can save her." They snatched her hat off and I saw Rose's face turn a bright red.

"Stop! That's not nice."

"And what are you going to do about it? Call your mommy?" They teased and I got angry.

"Come on Rose let's sit somewhere else." We got up but the girls followed us. I was about to sit down when one of the girls pushed me. I dropped my lunch and fell onto the floor. My food! Now they're about to get a beat down. The lunchroom went quiet and I got embarrassed. The girls laughed and I stood up.

"You better push her back!" I heard Auntie Whitney say from behind me. I pushed her back and she stumbled, almost falling to the floor. The both of them came at me and I blocked their hits.

"Don't get beat up." I heard Auntie Whitney say again and I began swinging. I hit them with my fist as hard as I could and I heard her cheering me on.

"Right!"

"Left!" I hit both of them with my left hand and then felt someone pull me away. I looked at the girls and they were on the floor, bleeding. I did that?

"Sure did. Next time they won't mess with you or Rose."

Azuree's POV
(Before Desiree's fight)

"Today we find out if you're a girl or a boy. I think most of us want a boy but I'll be happy either way." I heard my mother say into her camera. I skipped school to come to my mother's doctor's appointment cause who cares about school? Soon Auntie Jackie came into the room with the ultrasound machine and Momma gave me her camera to record.

"You guys are having a..."

"Come on auntie." I said and she laughed.

"A boy!"

"Yes!"

"Really?" My parents hugged each other and I smiled.

"Since you're a boy your name is going to start with an E—"

"Wait how do you know that?"

"What?"

"Your mother has been having dreams about a boy and his name starts with an E but she doesn't know the full name." Mommy told me and I nodded.

"Oh really? I have a few names."

"You do?"

"Mmhmm, if you guys like the names can I name him?"