chapter 8: the morning after

I woke up to zoey stairing at me with a cute little grin. "Good morning my precious." She spoke with a childish tone. I looked up and sat up and looked at her leg the stitches were sown so beautifully and her leg still had a bit of blood spilling out I licked my lips but then looked away. Zoey giggled and spoke shyly "why don't you taste" she blushed and then lifted up the blanket showing her bloody wound. I swallowed hard and leaned down to lick up the blood she moaned and I growled slightly enjoying the taste of her blood it was so delicious. "ORCUS!" Sofia screamed. I lifted my head looking at her with a mouth full of blood so much that some is spilling out. I swallowed and spoke questioningly "yeah?" I asked confused. "Don't yeah me you are suppose to be in your room getting better not here indulging yourself with her blood and you Zoey! Shame on you! If your going to be with Orcus you must be a good civilized young woman understand!!"

We bother nodded shyly like two scorned children, Sofia walked over and whipped my face and cleaned off zoey's leg. We felt like children being told what to do but it was ok. Sofia looked at the burn on my neck and and she also looked over zoeys leg. "You two need to rest now get into bed Orcus and you get sleep zoey." "Yes ma'am" we said like children.

We then got a notice from the hospital saying we can go home. I walked into Zoeys room and she had just gotten into a wheel chair and I rolled her out of the hospital. I slowly pushed Zoey up to the house and I was greeted by the staff, the welcomed us home with open arms. They even disregarded the malicious psychotic rampage on my attacker. David had briefed me on the paperwork I missed, and he then helped me carry Zoey up to my bedroom and I tucked her in bed and she giggled. "You are so protective over me as soon as he shoot me you got so mad and you looked so cute ripping out his throat." She said with a giggle. "I believe woman shouldn't be harmed no matter the circumstances" I say blushing slightly. "I am sure" she said unconvinced. I got up and walkled over to the closet and pulled open a secret door and pulled out a vile of blood and took a sip. "I wanna taste its too!" Zoey yelled fussily. "Oh fine stop whining you baby" I said teasing. She pouted and crossed her arms until I walked over with the vile she then grabbed it and drank it greedily. "No no please drink up I don't want anymore" I say sarcastically, She stuck her tongue out at me and I licked her tongue. She blushed and hid her face, "naughty naughty Orcus" she spoke shyly.

I turned away and looked at my closet and went in to change I exited with a plan t-shirt and jeans and a pair of woman's underwear I walked over to Zoey and pulled off the cover from her I removed her hospital gowned and she giggled. "Orcus such a bad boy we need to get better before we have fun" I rolled my eyes and helped her put on her underwear and bra and then covered her back up. "Awe you didn't take advantage of my vulnerability." She said Pouting. "That's because I am a gentle man and I wouldn't use you." I spoke softly. "Why not?" She asked curiously. I didn't answer and walked away to take a shower. I stopped in front of the mirror and looked at the cut across my stomach and the one big stab wound I poked them and gritted my teeth from the pain. "Ouch..." I then got into the shower and gently scrubbed the blood off my stomach and turned on the cold water and washed the burn on my throat. Once I finished I returned to the bedroom and found zoey sitting there like a child sleeping. I got into bed with her and fell asleep.

*dream*

I began to run down a ally and hid behind a dumpster I had a small composite crossbow attached to my wrist. A shadowy figure had turn the corner and began to fire down the ally, bullets had been piercing through the dumpster hitting the area I pointed my crossbow at him and shot an arrow straight threw his neck causing blood to spray out covering the ground and he fell. I ran toward him and turn the corner to see another assailant with a gun to zoeys skull. He then laughed and pulled the trigger and zoeys blood splattered over my faces and I dropped to my knees and screamed horrifically and then the person pointed it at my face and shot me between my eyes.

*end of dream*

I woke up screaming looking around frantically until I found zoey fussily squirming as I almost woke her up. I looked at her and kissed her forehead, "I won't let anyone hurt you again.... I swear..." I spoke to get quietly. I then stayed up and held my knife at the ready watching over zoey making sure she was safe as she slept.

I woke up to Sofia taking the knife from my hand and looked at zoey still lying there peacefully. "Orcus are you alright" Sofia asked worried. "I had a dream that zoey had been killed and...." "and you love her don't you sweetie" she spoke with a soft smile, I didn't answer he, instead I looked over at zoey. "It's ok I won't tell anyone sir Orcus" Sofia said giggling and placing the knife on my dresser. Zoey lying there pretending she is asleep listened to Sofia and orcus's conversation smiled and closed her eyes continuing to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------

I wonder what's going to happen next? Hmm gusess you'll have to continue reading and find out haha. I hope you enjoyed please comment and continue reading because I love knowing you guys want to read this story please enjoy more.