chapter 25: 10 years later

I was asleep in my bed when suddenly someone jumped on my stomach. I groaned and opened my eyes to see my 5 year old daughter jumping on me. "Wake up Daddy wake up!!" She said giggling. "I'm up, I'm up baby doll" I said sleepily. At that moment Zoey walked in she was beautiful her long black hair, pale skin, and beautiful eyes. She had a cute plump stomach too. She was holding our unborn son right now, who was 1month from being born. I looked at my daughter Raven and she was sitting on my stomach giggling, she had her mothers black hair and pale skin but she had my smile and eyes. But the part I know was because of me was around her eyes were dark black shadings as if she was wearing makeup but she was born like that, the shadings went a few inches out from her eyes in a spiderweb like design but they didn't go past her eye brows. They just went down to her cheek bones and to her temples, Its obvious it was because of the thing inside me.

"Come here my little monster." I said picking up Raven and throwing her up in the air and kissing her cheeks. She started to giggle and I got out of bed holding her with my arm around her tummy so her arms and legs are dangling. "Come her sweetheart." I said pulling Zoey to me with my free hand and kisses her deeply. Raven looked up at us and giggled at us and started to make kissy faces at us. We looked at each other smirked at one another and I lifted raven up and we both started to drown her in kisses she giggled uncontrollably. "Ok now shall I take you to the first day of school today?" I said to Raven. Her eyes lit up and she cheered I put her down and she went to get dressed and so did I. "If your taking her to school you have to get Davids kid too!" Zoey said heading downstairs. "Got it!". David and his wife had a new baby around the same time Raven was born they are the same age. And his two older are in college now I haven't heard about them sense they left. I walked downstairs to see Zoey kissing Raven's forehead. "How are my girls today?" I said as I sat at the kitchen table. "Were great daddy!" Raven said excited. But then a maid came into the kitchen "sir! You need to see the news report on the TV hurry." I walked into the living room, And saw a man on the TV.

-report on screen-

News of even more rioting and gun fire from the city, the radical movement sweeping the nation more people are joining the revolution and the government is taking action by executing those who have any connection to the rebellion.

-end-

I stop and looked behind me, Zoey and Raven are standing they were looking at me worried. "Hey don't worry" I say as i walk up to them "I won't let anything happen to you two..." I say while picking up Raven and hugging both her and Zoey. I kiss Zoey's cheek and Carry raven to the door and grabbing her backpack, we stop at Davids and grab his kid and take them both to the car and head off to their school.

We arrive at the school and we get out of the car I hold their hands and walk up to the school. "You guys excited for your first day of school?" They both looked at me with a nervous yet happy smile. "Alright then" we enter the school and find it empty. "Hmm...." I look around and find the office and we go inside there's one person at the desk. "Excuse me um where is everyone?" I ask in a polite manor. The woman looks at me with a shocked look. "What are you doing here school is canceled there's been reports of gun fire close to here you need to go home now!" As she finished her sentence a huge explosion came from the far end of the school violently shacking the building. I got down and held the children close sheltering them from falling pieces of the ceiling. "Get out of here now!!" The woman screamed. I picked up both raven and Davids kid and started to run out of the school with both in my arms and once we exited the unstable building that used to be the school I could hear screaming and gunfire. "Dammit!" I said sprinting to the care I put them in the back and when I shut the door a stray bullet came by and hit me in my shoulder blade. "Agh!!!" I screamed in pain. "Daddy!" "Its ok baby Daddy's fine he's not hurt" I said smiling I got in the car pretending to be Ok and quickly drove away. I dropped Davids kid off at his house and carried Raven into the house. "Zoey um... School was canceled..." I said hesitantly, There was no answer. "Zoey!!" I yelled putting Raven down and looking around panicking. But then Zoey opened the door and smiled "hey love" I ran up to her and looked her over making sure she was ok. "Where were you..." I said holding her face and looking at her worried. "I was visiting my brother why." She looked at my face then at my shoulder. "What happened!!" She said grabbing me to look at my shoulder. "Nothing hey Raven van you go to your room and get me your favorite book its story time, Raven nodded happily and ran to her room. I sighed and finally let Zoey see the pain I was in. "The bullets in my bone... The school was in the battlefield of the rebellion apparently.." I said. Zoey's eyes grew wide and looked at the wall past me for a second then back to my shoulder. "What is it?" "Nothing I'm just glad you two are ok" she kissed my cheek and walked past me to pick up Zoey who had been coming back from getting her book. I took a deep breath and walked to the couch with Raven and Zoey. Before we got there I managed to use the darkness in my blood to force out the bullet and stop the bleeding. We sat down and I read the story it was a book of Edgar Allen Poe's complete poem work. It was both mine and Ravens favorite. By the time I finished reading raven was fast asleep I carried her to bed and Zoey, and I went to our room and fells asleep as well.

--------------------

This chapter isn't as interesting but it gets better next chapter will spend right the fuck up trust me... Comment and feel free to ask anything enjoy....