chapter 24: inevitable end...

I woke up feeling refreshed and well rested, I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom and proceeded to get clean and dressed, it was a normal outfit nothing extravagant, I didn't want to ruin my good clothes with blood. I exited the bathroom and went to the bed to give Zoey, who was still sound asleep, a kiss and continued to the basement but was stopped when I heard the television in the living room. I pulled a knife out from the dresser drawer in the hallway and silently moved to the living room. I peaked around the corner to see David eating breakfast. "Dammit David I could of killed you" I said relieved.

"So did you kill him" he said as he drank his coffee. "That can wait" I said taking a seat at the table and at that moment Zoey ran into the kitchen giggling. "MORNING!!! ORCUS!!!!" She yelled but then spotted David. "HEY DAVID!! Wait who made breakfast?" She said like a curious child, David raised his hand and Zoey smiled and hugged David. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Its been so long sense I had pancakes!!" We all sat down and ate and then I picked up our plates and David and I did the dishes. As he finished rinsing the last plate he got serious, "did you kill him" David repeated. I smiled and put my arm around his shoulder and lead him to the basement. We went down the stairs and entered the dark basement I flipped a switch to show Martin struggling to stay "standing" on his nubs. Martins eyes were bloodshot and his hair was a greasy, sweaty mess from the heater and there was a pool of blood on the floor from his mouth. "Oh my we must of forgotten to seal up your mouth huh? You must have had to stop the bleeding by biting the end of what's left of your tongue." I said rather impressed by the human natures will to survive. "Oh my god " David said walking backwards. I grabbed him, "don't you dare speak of god... There is no god and if there was he would turn his back on this greedy piece of shit!" I pointed at Martin, "he killed Sofia and all those innocent staff in my house and nearly took you away from your wife and two children! If I hadn't have saved you, they would be standing at a grave stone every year!!" I said harshly. My words spoke the truth and David knew it and he lost all his hesitation. Zoey walked past us and grabbed Martin's face. "Hmm I'm surprised he didn't die kinda a disappointment" she said. But at that moment he spit in Zoey's face and both David and I got pissed but to my surprise David acted faster then I did and walked up gently pushing Zoey back like a gentleman and punched Martin hard enough to make him dizzy and that caused him to struggle and choke from the rope. "You don't treat a woman like that..." David said kicking him in his stomach opening up his stitches. I laughed and let Martin choke for a bit longer, then cut the rope letting him breathe.

"Here" I handed David a baseball bat and grabbed Martins arm and placed it over two cinder block spaced perfectly 6 inches apart with his elbow placed perfectly in the middle. David hesitated for only a second and then swung the bat down hard snapping Martin's arm in two. Loud moans of pain came from Martin and I discarded his limp arm and grabbed his other. Once his arms were broken I stood there beside David and held out a knife to him "Do it..." I said. David looked at the knife and then at Martin, he grabbed the knife and begun to violently stab Martin in the chest until Martin stopped breathing. David stood up breathing heavily and I looked over at Zoey who was enjoying the show and I gave her a malicious smirk.

"David go clean your self off I'll take care of this go spend time with your family don't worry no one will know we killed him." I said handing him a towel. As David left I dragged Martins body over to the darkest corner of the room and took a few steps back and I then took a deep breathe. Zoey watched with complete curiosity, I raised my hand and my veins turned black, the darkness in the corner grew and engulfed the body and the obvious sound of growls and tearing flesh could be heard. "What is that?" Zoey asked. Those are creature from my imagination, Zoey the darkness creates my deepest thoughts and turns them into reality for as long as I can keep my focus." I said lowing my hand. "Let's go sweetheart I think I am finally ok now" I said holding Zoey's hand and taking her upstairs. Martins body was completely destroyed not even a trace of it was found.

Zoey and I lived happily together ever senses that day we even rebuilt my family house and had Davids family move into the house directly across from us. We had the happiest life, and we even made sure that every year we paid our respect to my dear sweet Sophia. The police had tried yo find out who committed the murder's but never did. Until one day something horrible had happened and it caused all my sanity to snap.....

-------------------

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and Comment and feel free to ask me questions...