1-3 The Project

Y/n wakes up for school early today excited about the possibility of hanging out with Gwen. He gets ready, throw on some clothes,brushes his teeth, and grabs some breakfast. He swings to school as fast as he can. On his way there Y/n gets a call from Peter. "Hey Pete what's up"
"Hey I-what's going on over there sounds like it's really windy?"

Y/n stops swinging and just decide to run the rest of the way trying to keep his identity safe "uhh... yeah sure I was just running to school."
He lied "So you going to talk to Gwen today?" Peter said. "That's the plan!" Y/n said "Sounds like someone's excited" Peter teases him "Yeah, Yeah, Talk to you later Pete" He hangs up when suddenly Y/n gets a call from his Aunt May

"Hey, May" "Y/n you didn't forget about the plan after school today?" "I could never, Don't worry May I'll be there" they both said goodbye and Y/n hung up. It would be the 2 year anniversary of his uncle Ben's passing. Ben was shot and killed by a criminal who was trying to escape. Y/n remembers how he felt. Wanting to kill the person who killed uncle Ben.

Flashback

It was raining as Y/n stood over uncle Ben. Y/n went down to hug Ben as he was dying when Y/n got back up you looked down at his hands covered in blood and he was crying. "Y/n..." uncle Ben said "Remember with great power comes great responsibility" Y/n stood there crying letting it all out "UNCLE BEN" he cried.

Y/n was filled with rage chasing a criminal through the streets the one who had killed uncle Ben. Y/n had finally caught up to the criminal and tackled him grabbing his gun and throwing it away. Y/n picked him up by his shirt and pinned him to the ground. He stood on top of the criminal and repeatedly punched him in the face "YOU-(punch)-KILLED-(punch)-MY-(punch)-UNCLE-(punch)-YOU-(punch)-Piece-(punch)-OF-(punch)-SHIT!!!

Y/n was about to throw one last punch about to kill him when he looked at the criminal's nearly dead body as he was laying on the ground covered in blood. Y/n looked back at his hands and remembered what uncle Ben said. Y/n's mind flashed back to him standing over uncle Ben dying as he stood over the criminal now. He couldn't do it, he couldn't kill him. No matter how much Y/n hated him for taking away uncle Ben's life, Y/n knew he couldn't kill him or you would be just like the criminal.

Y/n picked up his the criminal's injured body and delivered him to the police. Knowing that he would never let something like this happen again. Not to anyone. No one deserves the pain Y/n felt that night. Y/n devoted his life to being the protector of the city, Spider-Man.

Back to the present

Y/n walked into school and went through his daily classes until he met up with Gwen in his science class.

Dr Octavius: "Now kids I know school just started and you want an easy first week, But Science never sleeps and for me I want to see what you can do. So I'll be assigning a group project to you all find a partner to work with"

Y/n turns over to face Gwen "S-So would you like to work on the project together" Gwen turns to Y/n "Sure!" "M-Maybe we should exchange phone numbers so we can work on it after school?" Y/n said. He was really nervous. He had fought criminals twice his size but this. This was different. Gwen and Y/n both blush and she responds "Of course! Here I'll write it down for you!"

In his head he screamed with joy excited that he just got her phone number. Y/n and Gwen talked all class telling jokes and talking about what their project should be.

Their project was to design something that could be used to help people so Y/n and Gwen decided on working on prosthetic limbs for people who were born with out certain limbs or for people like veterans who had lost certain limbs. Y/n and Gwen approached Doctor Octavius with your idea.