1-6 Oscorp

Back at School

Y/n POV

Gwen and I set up our project ready to display it to the class. We connected the link to the arm and begin to demonstrate how it worked. I noticed how Doctor Octavius watched us. He seemed very interested.

Gwen suddenly turned over and whispered to me.

Gwen: Hey do you mind if I control the arm this time?

Y/n: Absolutely your highness
Gwen giggled a bit

I turned to the class and Octavius, ready to present our project. This time we had two arms set up compared to before with just the one.

Y/n: Alright, Ms Stacy and I have developed a highly advanced, state of the art neural link system. Allowing you to control prosthetic limbs with just your mind. Show them Gwen.

Gwen flipped on the link connecting her brain to the system. The arms began to move as the class looked shocked. Gwen begins to demonstrate the arms functionality by picking up a coffee mug and juggling random objects.

Y/n: The neural link is so precise that you have more control over the prosthetic than you would a normal arm.

Gwen picks up some darts with one of the arms preparing to throw them while I draw 4 different targets on the wall. Gwen throws the darts hitting every one perfectly.

The class looks shocked even more than before. The begin clapping for us too. I looked over at Octavius and noticed him with a smile on his face. But, it wasn't a nice smile it was almost kind of creepy. My attention was pulled away from that as I heard someone scream in pain!

I turned around and saw Gwen holding her head before she collapsed to the ground. I quickly ran over and caught her before she hit the ground. I saw the neural link blinking bright red and shut it off and detached it from Gwen.

Doctor Octavius: Are you both alright?

Gwen's POV

I awoke in the hospital with Y/n asleep in a chair next to me. Octavius walked in and woke Y/n up.

Octavius: I've looked at the damage. There was a small amount of damage to your cerebellum in your brain. But you seemed to have healed up and you'll be fine.

Y/n and I looked at each other nervously

Y/n: I'm sorry Gwen. I shouldn't have connected the second arm. It put to much strain on your brain.

I could tell he was worried about me. There was something comforting about that.

Gwen: Don't worry, I'll  try it again tomorrow.

Y/n looked at me worried

Y/n: No I'm not letting you do that again. I don't want to get hurt.

Gwen: Y/n I'll be fine

Y/n: let's just wait a bit and run some tests and we'll see how it goes.

Gwen: definitely!

Suddenly we hear an explosion go off outside. Y/n just shot up out of his chair and ran to the door.

Y/n: Shoot! I got to use the restroom gotta go. Talk to later Gwen!

Y/n ran out the room

Gwen: Well that was weird?

Octavius: Anyways... Gwen I see how hard you've been working in my class and what you've managed to do in such a short time. How would you like a paid internship at Oscorp?

Gwen: No way, That's amazing! Of course!

We hear another explosion outside.

Boom!!!