Setenta y Seis

"Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead, darling." he replied.

"What's that scar on your chest?"

"Oh this?" he points at it and looks up to Taehyung, "I had a heart surgery before when I was young. My heart then was really weak so I grew up hating hospital visits because it almost feels like I am living there."

"But aren't you basically always there too now that you work as a doctor?" asks Taehyung, chuckling to himself.

"Yeah, right." he replied, kissing Taehyung's forehead as they both lied down at the bed, "But I don't hate it that much as I used to before."

"And what made you decide you want to be a doctor if you hate being at the hospital before? Because of the doctors that help you lived long?"

"Maybe, or maybe because it was of that boy," says Jungkook, smiling to a blurred memory, "I made a friend. Not really sure if he was imaginary but my parents said he wasn't because his heart basically became mine."

"What do you mean?"

"He was a patient too of the hospital where I go to before and is just a year older than me. As far as I remember, he has a brain tumor so basically unlike me he really lived his whole life at the hospital but the boy doesn't even hate it being there. In fact, he makes few visits to other patients too and have a little chit-chat with them. Funny enough, he would be at my room whenever I just finished receiving my anesthesia so we would talk nonsense most of the time and when it's my turn to visit him, he would always be in talks with his doctor."

"So you never really get to meet him in a normal state? Do you even remember how he looks like?" 

"Not really, but as far as to what I could imagine, he looks angelic like you."

"Were you even able to meet him before you know. .?"

"No, like I said, we or I really didn't even get to see him on a normal state but he did. I remember him telling me that he will help me live long so I should be whoever I want to be and he will be happily watching me as an angel."

"Oh that's sweet!" beams Taehyung, oh how he wish he could say thanks to the golden heart of the boy that allowed his lover to live that long, enough for both of them to meet.