Chapter 3: First steps

3rd POV

It was early sunrise in Beacon Academy, while some are still sleeping and still gaining energy for the upcoming initiation, we see Lanza in the male bathrooms. Washing his face and doing a bit of mouthwash this time. 

He pours out his mouthwash in the faucet before taking a sip of water and spitting it out again. Lanza sighs satisfied feeling the cold sensation on his mouth before drying his face with his own dry towel. 

Lanza: "Today is initiation day..." He said to himself after he dries his face, putting the dry towel onto the sidelines as he observes himself in the mirror. 

He puts his hands onto the faucet, calming himself down before closing his eyes and taking deep breathes while at it. He now opens his eyes...

And there he saw...a demon in front of the mirror. He still sees himself on it, but his other him in the mirror looks like a demon. His usual calm light grey eyes are replaced with demonic red and purple hue of colors. His faced etched with blood like tattoos. 

And the noticeable feature? The horns. Devil like horns. 

This...Is the inner voice that is speaking inside him. Wearing an oni like armor, a breathing mask mirroring of a demon. And his usual katana replaced with a bigger one. 

???: "Been a long while since we talked to each other

???: "Been a long while since we talked to each other." His inner voice spoke. He sounded like him, but with the under layered growling and monster like tone on it. 

Lanza: "Shinigami." He stated as well, looking at his inner voice. Both manifesting lightning around their body. 

Shinigami: "Enjoying beacon? Shame, these people still living in their own fantasy world." He scoffed, mirroring Lanza's movements since he's in the mirror. 

Lanza: "Hm... You still tracked their scent?" He asked his inner voice, as the said man within him simply crosses his arms after he plants the sword beside him. 

Shinigami: "I did,  and still keeping tracks on it." He spoke towards Lanza, as the said man hummed quietly and looks back at the mirror. 

Lanza: "Good, keep a track onto it. " He scoffed, grabbing his stuff and putting it onto its respective storage areas. 

Shinigami: "I am suspicious towards to the headmaster of this school." He started off while Lanza zipped the bag. "He let us enter the school. I'm sure he has heard our stories in Anima and Mistral. Not to mention, the Shadehearts as well."

Lanza: "What are you trying to say then?" He interrupted his inner self, now looking towards him. His gray eyes meeting the dangerous purple hue. 

Shinigami: "He's letting students or young people enter with blood on their hands. Us, however, has pile of body bags to answer." He summarized it towards Lanza, who's now looking towards him. "What do you think he's up to?"