Chapter 9: Helping hand

Author: Kuddos to RydenZero for some ideas for this chapter :D now enjoy!

3rd POV

After the one hell of a sparring match that happened during Glynda's class session earlier, we see Pyrrha and Carl now in the infirmary. Being treated and taken care of after their intense battle, but the said Mistralian Champion needs it more than the Shadeheart due to her extent exhaustion of pushing to her absolute limit against him. 

Pyrrha: "I never fought someone with such reflexes and such power in each attack." She giggled, resting in her own infirmary bed and letting her aura recover with some medical machine to assist her recovery. 

Carl: "You maybe are agile and fast, but you need more work and practice onto it." He chuckled, just right beside her in his own infirmary bed at that. Pyrrha smiles, remembering the fight very well engrained in her head this time. 

Pyrrha: 'On the battle, I can sense his fighter like aura and heart of a warrior...But when not in battle...' She can't help but admire Carl's gentleness outside of the battle. Blushing a bit now that she may have liked him more than the blonde knight. Not to mention, more handsome and not so dense compared to him. 

But she remembers something during their battle

But she remembers something during their battle. That specific red aura he emitted and how fast he goes in that moment. 

Pyrrha: "Say Carl." She started, as the said Shadeheart turned towards her. "I have a question, if you don't mind." She asked, now her blush fading a bit and composing herself. 

Carl: "Hm? What is it Pyrrha?" He asks the champion, seeing her curious look while he stretches his right arm, still feeling the strain from the battle earlier. 

Pyrrha: "Before you disarm me during the attack that I'm sure that I will hit you after being parried." She recalled the moment of her ensured victory of parrying Carl. "I saw you glow with red system like aura before going into a blur, was it your semblance?" 

Carl: "Oh that? Yep, that's my semblance." He nodded in confirmation from Pyrrha's question. "To sum it up, using it gives you great power but also great price as well." 

Pyrrha: "What do you mean?" She asks, a bit confused and worried onto his statement of using his semblance. 

Carl: "In short, our semblance of ours boost our already enhanced strength, speed, reflexes and agility in certain period of time depending on our aura levels." He briefly explained to Pyrrha, and the said champion can't help but notice he's still stretching his right arm. "However, using it too much or using it longer than usual will give us side effects." 

Pyrrha: "I'm sorry...!" She squeaked and started apologizing, now seeing and finding out why The Shadeheart checks his right arm and she observed that he used that in most of their sparring match earlier.