Khara

"Wh-what did you say that thing was?!?" Just ask Carter, my voice wavering.

"A furie!" He yells in my face. His expression then changes from frightened to angry, "my dad must have sent them!" He angrily states, stomping his foot.

"Yessss he did..." the furie hissed "he sssssent me to extract the girl."
"WHAT? WHY?!?" I scream, throwing my hands in the air. When I click my wrist from throwing up my hands, the ring expands into a bronze sword, no, celestial Bronze sword.

When I bring my arms down, holding tightly to onto the sword, I stare at it for a while. I look over at Carter, who doesn't have a weapon, and realize what I must do.

I run at the furie, and lash it's stomach. In immediate contact, the monster composted into golden dust.

"Nice job!" Carter cheers, giving me a high five. "Alright though, we seriously need to get out of here... I sense more-"

I cut him off, "Who is your dad??"

"Hades..." he murmurs.

"Why does he want to extract me?" I ask angrily.

"I. Don't. Know." He says, separating his words from agitation. "Let's just go. We need to get you home to grab some of your things, and then get you to Camp Half Blood." He walks out of the room, and I follow silently.

"Grab my arm" he tells me, and I follow his instruction, I grab onto his arm with one hand and squint my eyes. When I open them, we are in the green lawn in front of my house. I run inside, my mom isn't home, but my dad is. He runs his hand through his salt and pepper hair and turns around to face me. I guess he saw the monster dust on my clothes, because he looked pretty surprised.

He has his two snakes with him, Martha and George, they are coiled up some sort of staff.

"Did you bring me a rat?" George asks hopefully.

"Y-you talk?" I stammer.

"Shut up George" my dad says angrily.

"What's going on?!?" I ask miserably, "I just got attacked by some thing called a furie... and....and I don't know what that is... but it's UGLY!" My expression fills with worry and my father walks over to me.

"You... you just need to... to follow Carter to Camp Half Blood..." he says with pain in his expression.

"No. YOU need to tell ME what's go I on!" I rage.

"I can't." My dad silently replies.

"Whatever." I run into my room. There isn't really anything I want to take with me... I feel the only things I need are the ring, and the diamond.

I twist my ring around my finger then walk out of the room. I feel the diamond in my pocket, a heavy lump.
Today is my birthday, I think, you should be happy. You are going to a camp where there are more people like you! Hopefully... I run out the door and my dad calls to me. I just ignore him and walk to Carter.

"Do that travel thingy again, before my dad gets here."

"Shouldn't you talk to him?"

"No." I look down at the ground, then squint my eyes shut again, only this time, trying to stop tears from coming out of my eyes.

When I open my eyes, we are at Camp Half Blood. Carter and I walk through the gates, I look around, trying to take it all in.

Then a pale kid with black hair and all black clothes walks up to Carter.

"Hey, Chiron knows that she's arrived, he asked me to take her to the Oracle."

"Dude, I don't know-" the creepy kid cuts him off.

"Chiron's orders." He simply states, then Carter rolls his eyes and walks over to a different direction.

"So my name's Nico, I will be taking you to the Oracle and giving you the tour." He leads my down a pathway up to the woods, then he pauses, "what's your name? How can I be sure that you are who Chiron says you are?"

"Uhh... My name's Khara." I reply, confused.

"Good." He continues walking up the path and into the woods, I reluctantly follow.

When I get into the woods, Nick stands next to a girl with frizzy red hair, a camp T-shirt, and drawn on jeans. She greets me with glittering green eyes.

"Hello!" She happily says, "You will be staying with Nick and I until you get claimed, but don't worry, it shouldn't be long. Now let's go!" She leads us out of the woods.

I then hear a roar off in the distance, I turn my head to it, but ignore it and continue down the path.