Carter

We all ran into the castle, slamming the doors as the furies banged themselves into it.
"Oh my Gods..." Meghan mumbled to herself, barley out of breath from running, but yet looking drained.
"You could say that again..." Jess breathed and started walking down my dad's hallway. The castle had a large ceiling that you couldn't exactly see. The walls were black with creepy haunted- house looking lights and paintings of demons and my father decorated the walls.
The floors were black as well, with a deep, bloodred carpet leading down the endless looking hallway.
"This is defiantly where he lives..." I squeeked out, shivering. I was afraid of my dad, the last time we met was after my failed quest, where he said if he saw me again, he would have me killed.
I had walked in front of Jess, leading the group into a large living room type area. It had a fire place in the center, with two single person chairs facing each other, and two love seats next to the single person chairs. Each sofa was made from black leather and dark mahogany, standing ontop of a soft looking, bloodred rug.
The floors were black wood, just like in the hallway, and the walls were black as well, only with lit torches for light and one large painting of my father and Persephone.
Being in this room gave me a shiver down my spine, maybe it was just the hellhounds chained up in the right corner of the room, next to one of the spiral staircases that Persephone happened to be walking down, it's the beginning of fall, so this makes sense.
"H-hello, children." she said, kind of confused, looking at all of our dirty faces, she must have been a little frightened.
Ha! A goddess, frightened? Please.
We all replied with different answers at the same time,
"Hello!" from Rylee
"Hi there!" from Khara
"Mhm..." from me
"Children?" from Jess
And, "Sup." from Meghan.
"Uhuh...yes... HADES!" She yelled, and I could hear my dad's footsteps coming from the other spiral staircase.
"Yes my dear-" he cut himself off when he saw our little group. He gazed his eyes upon everyone, but mainly glared at me, and Khara. Hade's mouth crawled into a very disturbing grin while looking at us.
"Hello, children..." he kind of whispered to himself.
"We don't have all day, Beardo, so if you be so kind as to-" Meghan was about to roast him, and I saw Khara getting out a horn to blow once she did, but all this got cut off by Hades turning into a flaming demon of fire-fury.
"EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU PUNY MORTALS SHALL COWER BEFORE ME!" Hades boomed, trying to scare us, it worked on me, but not on Khara, and I knew this for a fact.
"Oh...OH NO!" She yelled, walking up to Hades confidently, "WE DID NOT COME HERE TO BE STOPPED BY YOUR DUMB-ASS LITTLE ATEMPT TO SCARE US! YOU ATE GONNA TELL US WHERE THE LOST SHRINE OF HERMES IS!" Khara finished, and I could hear Meghan whisper proudly to herself, "She figured it out!" I looked back to face Meghan, and she was beaming at Khara.
Hades looked taken-aback from her outburst, but realizing who she is, his mouth turned upward into a sneer.
"You..." he growled.
"Gotta problem?" Khara pretended to be offended, putting her hand on her chest and leaning back a bit.
"HOUNDS, TAKE HER TO THE DUNGONS!" Hades yelled, and the hellhounds broke from their bonds, racing towards Khara.
I got in the hound's path, used my powers and a crack formed and sealed in the middle of the room. Before it sealed, three skeleton warriors, armed and all, came to attack the hounds. I directed my dead army into battle, each taking on one hellhound, and I took on one myself.
We slashed through each hounds' body, leaving piles of golden monster dust scattered around the room. Hades stood on his staircase, seizing Khara's wrist, looking unamused.
"I will tell you where the Shrine of Hermes is, IF, you can defeat my demons in a fight, without your friends. Your friends may watch, but definatly may not help." Hades grinned, awaiting Khara's answer.
"NO KHARA! DON'T!" I half-sobbed. She was the only one who understood me.
"Uhh... Deal..." Khara squinted her eyes while shaking the God's hand.
"NO!" I screamed, now crying my eyes out.
"Shut up!" Hades yelled at me, "I'll deal with you later, son." he said son as if it pained him to give me such a title.
Now me and my best friend, are both going to die.

A/n YAAAAY its longer this time! Next chapter is defiantly going to be a Khara chapter so bare with me.
And 164 reads??? Holy crap!!!! Thank you so much! This is awesome! Thank you!
Also... I wanted to give a shoutout to my lil sis, @juno061014 follow her! Shes cool and her book is pretty swag too. If you know me in real life and want to follow her, you can private message her and say, hey! Its Grace's friend or somethin like that.
So yeah! Later my weirdos
•//3//• ~~Grace