Carter

Everyone seemed so silent while we were heading our way to the Underworld. Rachel had only told me that we had to go there, and i had told the others a few days before the quest.
We had to walk all the way to Las Vagas, which is going to be so much fun. Its only been a couple minutes and I already want to curl up in a hole and die. Its not that my feet hurt or anything... its just that I haven't really been on a quest before, well, not one as important as this. I really dont want to screw anything up like I always do.
After what seemed like a few minutes to me Rylee stopped and said, "We should probably crash here and sleep for tonight. We've been walking for hours on end and, I don't know about you guys, but I'm like, really tired."
Since Rylee is the smart one, we decided to lay out our sleeping bags we packed and set up the tent. Jess sparked us a fire and Meghan worked to make us a bit of food from some of our rations. We ate and cleaned our selves up a bit from a nearby river and before we knew it, we were off to bed.
I didn't relize how tired I was until now...slowly... I drift off... until I sleep...
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
The Dream
I'm on my first quest and I'm only 9 years old! Not everyone gets to do this! Were travling through a cave and I stub my toe, "YAAAAAAARRRAAAAAAAAHHHHG", A terrible scream escapes my mouth and echoes about the cave.
"CARTER!" Nina scolds, one of the older members of the camp.
"Sorry..." I sort of whisper back, my head hanging low in shame. The cave shakes and lots of monsters emerge from different crevices of the cave.
Nina had told me to run and hide. So I found a spot to hide while the others fought. Six of the people died right in front of my eyes, and all of them I knew very well... they were my friends. I sobbed harder each time I saw one get sliced across the stomach. Nina came to my hiding spot and hugged me, her face covered in gold monster dust and fresh, bleeding scratches. She cried on my shoulder, and for a small minute, we moarned our losses.
I saw an Earthborn come up behind Nina. I barely had time to warn her before the equipped monster stabbed her back.
I screamed and sliced the last monster with my small weapon and it fell to only clayish earth and golden dust.
I yelled out and sobbed. I moarned the death of my best friend and care taker at camp. I fell next to her body and lied there, and fell asleep.
•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
I woke up sweating and crying at the same time, no one was up yet, which is plus. No one can hear me cry.
Normally I'm brave. I was taught to swallow my fear and replace it with anger... its a good battle strategy.
One I will be needing for the road ahead.