1.06 - Ice Prince - Crimson Academy

╔════Author's note═════╗

Edited by Psycho S

Proofreaded by P.D Webb.

╚═══════════════════╝

Olivia stood in front of her sister, Grace, and automatically, Mark and Victor stepped before her.

When the youths finally registered what was happening, Bing Shi nudged her sister out and didn't bother acknowledging the staring Xavier, "Let's go."

Looking at the leaving group with an expressionless face, Xavier passed by the staff that bowed to him with respect and fascination. While calling his butler, his gaze halted on Olivia's back, "Tell my parents I agree to end the engagement. But I'll only end it under the condition that I get to choose my own partner."

"Y-yes, young master!" answered the person on the other side of a line. This young master was a genius prodigy. He passed all tests with flying colours, knew how to play many musical instruments, and even improved his father's company at such a young age! He didn't need a woman's backing to establish his already strong position.

[Side mission success: Break the engagement between Grace Bacchus and Xavier Dalton.+1000p]

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

"Don't you think Xavier is a bit too much of himself lately?" Bing Shi asked Mark, picking up her tennis racket in one hand, "He treated us as if we were thin air. I really want to see him get a taste of his own medicine. Don't you want to see that too?"

'I hope Victor can hear this. I want to see him be the Xavier to my Grace. What should I do so I can be treated like I'm thin air right now?'

"Hm? Ah, y-yeah," Mark answered in a daze. Olivia blatantly showed him more attention than she should, which gave him a very... wrong impression.

Bing Shi wanted to team up with her sister or Mark in tennis, but Grace quickly grabbed Mark's arm and dragged him to the right side of the tennis court, leaving her with Victor again.

"You should stop looking at him or any other man if you know what's good for you,' said Victor as a dangerously beautiful smile carved onto his face, "I won't tolerate any distractions or wandering eyes. Your smile and body are only to be appreciated by me. Understand?"

'Too late. My mind and body already belong to someone else.'

'But I can't destroy Olivia's future by telling the truth.'

Bing Shi got herself into position and gave Victor a sugary smile. She then threw the ball into the air and hit it with her racket. When the ball smashed into the net in the middle of the court, she sighed in feigned disappointment, "I'm so bad at this..."

"..." Victor expected her to at least show a bit of a negative reaction, or at least a small scoff or a sign of fear, but all she showed so far was 'a forced' politeness, "Why don't you let me teach you how to play tennis?"

Victor walked behind her to show her how to play tennis. This was an attempt to become more intimate with his fiance when he crept closer to her with intent.

Before he could touch her, Bing Shi hurriedly turned around. Her abrupt action caused her racket to hit his shoulders, very, very hard— so hard, apparently, that it made him groan loudly in pain, alarming everyone who heard him.

Grace and Mark had heard Victor when he groaned loudly. They ran over to the pair and exclaimed with alarm, "What happened?!"

Bing Shi stood rooted in the place. She had to learn how to strike a chicken sooner than she expected, "We should call an ambulance... I think I broke his shoulder."