2.68 - Violence Is Bad - Mr. and Mrs. Jelly

"Bing Shi is Xuan Mu's girlfriend," Zhu Cai's mother said, her eyes rolling at her son's apparent lack of interest, "Wu Bing Shi...the one who took over the Wu Property Group." Finally, she could see a surprised expression on that handsome face.

Zhu Cai's expression immediately changed upon hearing her last sentence. He nodded at Bing Shi in greeting, "It's nice to meet you, Miss Wu," he said with a polite smile.

"Likewise," Bing Shi had her hands crossed before her dress, looking at Zhu Cai with a warm smile, "Madam, I believe your son is in a hurry."

Zhu Cai's mother was lost in her thoughts, envisioning a future for her son that may not align with his desires. However, Bing Shi's words seemed to snap her out of her reverie, causing her to realize that she was overbearing, "Go, you will be late for the meeting." Feeling a mix of emotions, she let go of her son as she walked towards Bing Shi while wiping her tears, "From this moment, mom will look at your job as my lovely daughter-in-law."

"..." Zhu Cai walked over to his mother and hugged her, trying to comfort her with a chuckle, "I'll be happy and fulfilled, I promise," he said, trying to lighten the mood with a small joke.

Together with the rest of the women, Bing Shi had been a silent witness to the emotional scene that had just unfolded. She watched their relationship with a sense of admiration and respect, her heart filling up with a type of warmth she didn't recognize.

As his mother ran towards her friends, Zhu Cai made an effort to reach out and ask Bing Shi for a handshake at least, "I've heard a lot about you and your work with the Wu Property Group. I think we could collaborate on some projects in the future."

"I look forward to it," Bing Shi accepted his handshake with a smile.

As their hands touched, Zhu Cai felt a sudden surge of energy course through his body, making his limbs feel numb and his mind racing. He found himself rooted to the spot, unable to move, unable to speak, unable to even think or process what was happening to him.

The sensation was overwhelming, like a powerful electric current that jolted him out of his usual state of being. He could hear his heart beating loudly in his chest, and his breathing became shallow and ragged.

Without warning, he felt something being taken from him, as if the connection he was experiencing with Bing Shi was draining something deep within him. It was a strange and disorienting feeling, but he couldn't resist it. He found himself gripping her hand unconsciously as if holding on for dear life.

.

.

.

'Xuan Mu'

'This man doesn't want to let go of your beautiful hand.'

'I want to break his arm.'

'But what do I do?'

'Violence is bad.'

.

.

.

.

'This delicate lady was just joking.'

'I can't imagine myself breaking someone's arm...hah... seriously... if he doesn't let go, I'll puke on him.'

'Is he an enemy or an ally?'

"Excuse me." As Bing Shi tried to pull her hand away, she could feel Zhu Cai's grip getting tighter and tighter, and she began to feel a sense of panic rising within her. She would have usually thrown up if someone did something similar to her, but there was no such thing happening. She had never encountered anything like this before, and she wasn't sure how to handle it.

'Enemy. Alert.'

"You are hurting my hand," she hissed in pain, Zhu Cai seemed to be completely oblivious to her discomfort. He continued to hold her hand tightly, his grip almost crushing her fingers.

Feeling a bit desperate, Bing Shi tried to scare him away by invoking Xuan Mu's name. "Madam." She pointed at her hand, "Xuan Mu... is not going to like this." She hoped that the mention of his name would be enough to make Zhu Cai release his grip, but to her surprise, it only seemed to make things worse.

'囧...'

Zhu Cai's mother immediately noticed the unexpected situation and raised her voice in a panic, "Zhu Cai, let go of her, immediately!" She rushed over and tried to separate the two of them, hoping to diffuse the misunderstanding and prevent any harm. She slapped her son slightly, "Zhu Cai, what are you doing?! Let her go!"

In a sudden move, Bing Shi used her elbow to elbow him in the chest, and her legs to step on his foot in self-defense.

Zhu Cai stumbled back a few steps, pulling Bing Shi along with him due to the suddenness of her movements.

Bing Shi kept her balance, almost falling to the ground. As she regained her footing, she looked up to see Zhu Cai staring at her with a mix of confusion and concern as if he had no idea what was happening or why he was reacting that way, "I felt it too," she said, looking him in the eyes.

Zhu Cai, whose heart was still beating frantically, finally retreated his hand, "Felt what?"

Bing Shi quickly took this chance to run toward the group of women to hide.

The woman quickly examined her hand and gasped in shock at the sight before them. Small clumps of blood had appeared under her skin, indicating that something was seriously wrong. "We need to call a doctor right away!" one of the women exclaimed urgently.

The others nodded in agreement, realizing the severity of the situation. As they huddled around Bing Shi in concern, the air was filled with an unspoken sense of dread.

'R.I.P.'

In a hurry, Bing Shi took out her phone from a purse and dialed a number, "Get in here, fast." Then, taking out her wet tissues, she started to clean her bruised hand. Zhu Cai was quickly forgotten, her focus shifting to her boyfriend, Xuan Mu. She was already thinking ahead about how she would handle the situation and calm him down.