3.04 - Upgrade - Downfall of Humanity

[Host, I'm back. Here are your things.]

Bing Shi eagerly took the phone and hard disk from Kuro, cradling them in her arms like they were the most valuable treasures in the world. She hugged them tightly, feeling a sense of relief and satisfaction wash over her.

These were more than just objects to her. They held all of her memories and secrets — the moments she had shared with Xuan Mu and the details of her past life.

["Thank you. Give me a few minutes. You can play around for the time being."]

[Can I stay with you?]

["You can."]

Bing Shi smiled warmly as Kuro slithered onto her lap, feeling grateful for the companionship.

["Do you want to see him?"]

She asked, referring to Xuan Mu. Seeing its nod, she quickly asked for a charger and plugged in her phone, waiting for it to charge. As soon as it was ready, she turned on the phone and showed Kuro a few photos and videos of Xuan Mu that she had.

Bing Shi shared a memory with Kuro, reminiscing about her time with Xuan Mu.

["You see, Kuro,"] she began, ["Xuan Mu had a bad habit of scratching his chest during his sleep when he went on business trips for more than two days."]

Bing Shi paused for a moment, lost in the memory, before continuing, ["So I bought him overall shark pajamas. This is the first and last time I saw him wearing it."]

Bing Shi's mind wandered to a memory of Xuan Mu wearing the shark pajamas. She could hear a girl's laughter in the background of the video, but it was drowned out by the sound of her own lonely heart.

· · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

° Start of Flashback...

° The whole time a girl's joyous laughter could be heard in the background of the video.

° "Bing Shi, I'd rather have no sex for a week than wear this horrendous thing," Xuan Mu had joked, running out of the walk-in closet towards the bedroom while unbuttoning the pajamas.

° "Noooo, don't take it off!" Bing Shi ran after Xuan Mu with laughter in her voice. She put the camera down on the nightstand and jumped on his back, determined to stop him from undressing and fighting for the shark pajamas' justice. "It's cold in Russia. What if you catch a cold?"

° "I got an anti-cold shot," Xuan Mu said as he untangled Bing Shi from his back, playfully tossing her onto the soft bed. He began to strip off the shark pajamas, revealing his toned upper body.

° Instead of appreciating the yummy sight, Bing Shi's gaze fell on the discarded pajamas lying on the floor. She picked it up and held the soft fabric of the discarded pajamas close to her chest before slipping them on.

° The loose fabric hung off her small frame as she looked up at Xuan Mu with puppy-like eyes, silently pleading with him to put them on once again.

° Xuan Mu merely sent her a flying kiss before walking toward the closet. His back muscles were well-defined and hinted at the strength he possessed, despite not being completely ripped.

° She had seen Xuan Mu effortlessly take down several men at once. His secret to strength? Nourishing his muscles, even if it meant keeping some body fat and not having a perfectly chiseled six-pack.

° Bing Shi couldn't resist and jumped on his meaty back. "I wasted like my entire fortune on it," she said, her tone both humorous and slightly exasperated.