3.17 - Kuro I Choose You - Downfall of Humanity

Comprehending the situation, the bloodstained Yi Zen glanced at his dead underlings for the last time. Without remorse, they became his meat shield, voluntarily.

Bullets pierced through Yi Zen's legs, rendering him immobile. Despite the pain, he clutched onto his rifle and mentally noted the position of each of his enemies.

Just as he was about to retaliate, his attention was caught by a shadowy figure, swiftly taking out the gang members with ease. He paused his actions, curious about the identity of this mysterious savior.

The tight black suit couldn't hide her perfect curves. Fu Lian moved with the grace of a feline predator, dispatching her targets with lethal precision. As the last gang member fell, she stopped and turned her gaze toward a wounded soldier who was still alive. She first glanced at the rank insignia on his uniform, then locked eyes with him.

While their eyes were locked, in steady steps, she took out a small glass flask from her waist belt. Crouching before him, she marveled at the attractive man. Taking hold of her emotions, Fu Lian wiped down her invisible saliva. Pinching his chin, she fed him the water from the healing pond.

Yi Zen was captivated by her every move as she fed him something that made him feel instantly better. He couldn't look away from the alluring woman, her white skin flawless like a polished diamond, shining in the darkness of the night and captivating his heart.

Fu Lian noticed Yi Zen staring at her and couldn't help but blush. The faint pink hue on her cheeks only added to her beauty.

Despite Yi Zen's usual indifference towards women, this mysterious and alluring figure had stirred something inside him, "Who..." He attempted to ask her a question, but before he could finish, he drifted off into a deep sleep. The healing water worked its magic, repairing his injuries without leaving any visible scars.

While waiting for Yi Zen's rescue, Fu Lian couldn't resist admiring his features. However, when she heard the sound of approaching military men, she quickly retreated into her hiding place.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

In the factory, a small white snake slithered unseen, relaying everything it saw to its host who remained unfazed by the gruesome scene. Bing Shi had grown accustomed to Fu Lian's brutal methods of dealing with her enemies.

'SHE IS SO COOOOL!'

Bing Shi, who would usually eat popcorn during a situation like this, passed this time as it was an important first meeting between the leads.

'Hello, Fu Lian? What's with all the loving stares? Did his beauty erode your sense of smell?'

'There are dead bodies everywhere; shouldn't it smell like death?'

While lamenting in her head, she asked Kuro to zoom in on Yi Zen's face.

'What the...'

If she didn't study his face for a year, she wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Bing Shi spotted a tint of nervousness. Was it due to the injury, Fu Lian, or something else?

· · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

Meanwhile...

The chase after Ma Jie continued. In their previous life, he was never caught.

In this life, Ren Han and his teammates returned to the police station. They swiftly set up their laptops and began the tedious process of sifting through the recordings, analyzing every bit of information, and cross-checking it with their knowledge of Ma Jie's suspected allies. After a grueling search, Ren Han was able to pinpoint Ma Jie's location.