2.06 - Many Questions - Mr. and Mrs. Jelly

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Edited by Psycho S

Proofreaded by P.D Webb.

╚═════════════════╝

From that day onwards, they began to understand each other more by asking all kinds of questions about each other.

(Bing Shi): What does it feel like when you overdose on sleeping pills?

She was curious, but it was an innocent (morbid) kind of curiosity. She wasn't curious enough to know of the answer by trying to overdose herself.

(Xuan Mu): I never did drugs before. But I think I felt high? After feeling high, I started to have hallucinations. I didn't know what was going on around me.

Xuan Mu typed what he remembered with a croon. He was happy to answer her questions because, for some reason, it felt freeing to talk about such things to her.

(Bing Shi): Oh, that's cool. Why did you drop out of school?

All her life, Bing Shi was taught that school was the top priority. Or, maybe less taught and more like she superimposed that thought onto herself as a way to cope with her well-meaning and loving parents.

(Xuan Mu): My parents thought I was a genius and forced me into a school composed entirely of genius children. I never really cared about school. Actually, I never cared about anything, so I dropped out. They couldn't understand me and sent me to all kinds of psychiatrists.

She had so much to ask.

(Bing Shi): Did those psychiatrists help you?

(Xuan Mu): No, they didn't help me at all. It's easy to get past them. They couldn't find anything wrong with me.

(Bing Shi): So interesting...!

(Xuan Mu): Are you not going to persuade me to go back to school?

(Bing Shi): Why should I? It's your choice, they shouldn't force you. My parents never forced me to do anything.

Indeed, her parents didn't force her to do anything at all. They only ever praised her far too much— it was to the point where she felt pressured to perform her best, at all times.

(Xuan Mu): You're more mature than my parents. My parents, on the other hand, always force me.

He chuckled.

(Bing Shi): You have a little sister, right? I remember when you had to take a break to change her diapers or to clean her teeth, and make milk for her. I would never change diapers for my brothers. I hate children.

That was the reason why Bing Shi was so surprised when Xuan Mu told her that he dropped out of school. Similar to her, she imagined him as a nice boy, who took care of his sibling.

(Xuan Mu): You still remember that? She's a spoiled girl now. She doesn't listen to me at all!

Xuan Mu looked at his tiny sister, who was watching cartoons in his room.

(Bing Shi): My brothers listen to me more than my parents, haha!

She bragged about herself, unaware that such a thing shouldn't be bragged about if one considered the methods she used to make her brothers obedient brats.

(Xuan Mu): Oh, how did you do it? And why do you hate children?

He looked from his sister back to his monitor. The only thing they didn't know about each other was their personal information such as their home address, and their faces.