1.11 - Farewell Party - Crimson Academy

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Edited by Psycho S

Proofreaded by P.D Webb.

╚═════════════════╝

[Good job, Host. You accumulated 4000p from hidden quests.]

["Really? Wow, thanks for the praise! Let's go celebrate at home and have a farewell party!"]

[A... farewell party? Why are we having a farewell party, host?]

["After the Masquerade ball, we are leaving this world. Our party is going to be me and you playing games until late, huhuhu."]

[Is that really considered a party with only you and me?]

["No, but who cares? I certainly don't! ♪"]

[Are you trying to be funny?]

["Yes! If I don't make myself laugh, who will?"]

° Start of flashback...

° While watching a movie in their living room, Mr Jelly called out her name, "Bing Shi," with a serious expression on his face.

° Despite his solemn face, she didn't take him seriously— who did he think he was trying to fool while hiding his little smile?

° "Hm?" Bing Shi responded unenthusiastically. By the tone of his voice, she knew that he was going to do something and so (after peeking at him to glimpse at his slight smile) she concentrated on watching the TV.

°They were watching a comedy, but the atmosphere of the crowd was dull and the host himself wasn't entertaining at all. Why would the host think that being stupid was funny? The people watching his shows weren't children! Pah! Childish behaviour (okay, maybe she did think he was a little funny).

° "You're getting older," he told her gravely. His gaze glinted with a strange light. His eyes were filled with swirls of negative energy as he stared at the pillow that she was hugging.

° "Who. Is. Getting. Older?" asked Bing Shi in a threatening tone while raising her pillow like a weapon. She turned away from the TV and looked at him, wordlessly telling him with her narrowed stare to repeat himself if he dared, 'You brat! I dare you to say that again.'

° "My Bing Shi, of course!" he said and nodded his head fearlessly. He crossed his arms stubbornly as he repeated himself 'obediently' (provocatively), "You're aging quite a bit. I'm worried for you."

° "Pack your things. You're sleeping on the streets for a week," Bing Shi's eyebrows twitched as she retreated to her pillow. Hugging it tightly as she continued to watch the TV. Who was getting older? His whole family was old! Who the hell was aging?! Be worried about yourself, brat!

° "Nooo," he cried out as he turned around on the sofa, facing her face with his aggrieved expression, "It shouldn't go like this. You should be crying and saying that you are still young while kicking and punching my body."

He pointed at his face: he was blatantly asking for a beating. Was he making hints for her that she should be true to herself? Or was he just a masochist?

° "I'm still very young! I look great for my age! How can you say such a hurtful thing to a young woman? Take it back!" she started arguing. Why would she cry because of her age? She was young! No wrinkles! No grey hair! Where did she look old?! He should take it back immediately!

° "Then I'll be like," he started seriously, his voice deepening, "Don't worry, I'm into older women," he continued, "And then, you would cry from happiness!" he finished playfully.