2.19 - Take it out on Me - Mr. and Mrs. Jelly

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Edited by Dymens

╚═════════════════╝

Xuan Mu began to change. His mood swings were even worse than a woman on her period. In five seconds, he could change his personality five times! He always kept his promises, without cursing or hating during their fights. Still, he was able to hurt her.

"I wish I had never met you! I should have killed myself back then!" The darkness in Xuan Mu's heart came like a thick forest mist. And the only person he could cast the heavy cloak on? The person who was always by his side, Bing Shi, only her.

'No, no, don't say such things.'

'Why is he yelling at me?'

"Could you stop it?!" Bing Shi started to cry and reflexively ended the call. She was confused by his personality change. She was so close to escaping from her predicament. Soon, he called again, and it took everything she had before she replied, "I don't want to hear it again! I hate it when you say things like that!"

"No, please don't leave me. At least you, don't give up on me, please," Xuan Mu begged her. He didn't know why, but he felt like he was literally breaking into tiny pieces of nothing.

"What's wrong with you?!" Bing Shi's next words died in her throat as her face collapsed; she quickly checked the tissue box by her bedside table - it was empty. She had no choice but to blow her nose into the soaked old tissue.

"I don't know!" Xuan Mu replied in frustration, gripping the phone tighter, "I want to give up."

Bing Shi thought of encouraging him by showing concern and empathy with a few drops of helpful suggestions, "Don't give up! You are doing great!"

"Even you are pressuring me?! Your praise doesn't work on me!" Xuan Mu scowled, his anger rising once again, "Stop manipulating me!"

"And you have to stop yelling at me!" Bing Shi hissed and ended the call again. Could she slap him? Could she?! What was going on inside of him must have been difficult; from the way he was behaving, it looked unbearable. But there were times when you had to protect yourself when the damage from a partner was too much!

Every night ended with a bitter flood of tears. They didn't know how to resolve it. She wanted to walk with him through any and every storm, but it was akin to trying to hold onto a hurricane with open arms — Xuan Mu became more and more unreasonable.

Eventually, he apologized to her, "I'm sorry... I miss you. I want to play with you, but I have no time," croaked Xuan Mu, his voice exhausted, his dark eye circles becoming more apparent.

"I know, but this is not normal! Your mood swings are crazy!" Bing Shi didn't want to talk with him if he behaved in the same manner he did yesterday.

Xuan Mu furrowed his brows, fuming with annoyance, "Why are you crying so much?! Stop crying!"

His words increased her doubt, and she felt like her loud sobbing would go 'boom' supernova any second, "You are scary!"

"No, I'm not scary," Xuan Mu panicked and begged for the next second, his manner switching upside-down as easily as catching the flu, "Bing Shi, don't be afraid of me."

"Xuan Mu, can you leave that mansion?" Bing Shi asked.

"No," Xuan Mu refused.

"Let's go to sleep. We didn't sleep at all these days," mumbled Bing Shi, her devotion drying up fast.

"Please, talk to me, don't hang up on me," Xuan Mu pleaded, shutting up his thoughts as they made him believe that her words were stomping on his heart rather than trying to lend him a hand.