3.13 - Grandma - Downfall of Humanity

The government was engaged in a heated dispute with several drug trafficking syndicates, and the situation had become too dangerous for the police to handle alone. As a result, the authorities called in the military for backup.

By pure coincidence, Fu Lian, who lived in the south, found herself caught up in the conflict. She knew that Yi Zen would be a key figure during the upcoming apocalypse, so she decided to save him by giving him the healing water from the pond to heal his injuries.

And with a magical poof, Mr. No-feelings should transform into Mr. Sticky Note and become more emotionally attached to Fu Lian.

["Surely he wouldn't take the first opportunity to kill her, right?"]

Bing Shi knew better than to rely on the whims of fate. She walked purposefully to her closet and retrieved a thick black coat. She donned her boots, wrapped a black scarf around her neck and mouth, and covered her ears with black earmuffs.

She gathered her backpack and luggage, glancing one last time around the hotel room before locking the door. She counted to ten and played with the handle to double-check that it was secure.

As she stepped outside, the cold and frosty morning assaulted her face. She hurried towards her preheated metallic pink sedan, tossing her belongings into the backseat before starting the engine.

It looked so much like the one from her past life and she had to get it if only for a while. Gazing through the window at the snowy white sky, a nagging question formed in her mind.

'Does the absence of snow in the southern region explain why there were more zombies than in the north?'

'How do zombies manage to survive during the freezing winters? Their physical abilities like flexibility and speed would be greatly hindered in such harsh conditions, except for the higher-level ones.'

She shrugged her shoulders and assisted Kuro with fastening its seatbelt before driving towards the airport.

She had crisscrossed numerous metropolitan cities with their skyscrapers and flashing neon lights to the more remote towns, and it was time to go back to where it all unfolded.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

'Economy class is pure hell.'

Bing Shi furrowed her brows as she poked the man who was dozing off and about to use her shoulder as a pillow.

The man apologized and shifted his weight, but a few moments later, he started to nod off again.

Bing Shi poked his shoulder once more, "Sir, would you mind if we exchange seats?"

The tired man nodded and they quickly swapped seats, resolving the issue.

[Why did you buy the economy class seat?]

["I have no idea."]

Bing Shi snapped a photo of the economy class logo on her ticket and sent it to Yi Zen.

(Bing Shi): Thanks to your cheap bum, I had to buy an economy class ticket. I almost had a stranger drooling on my delicate shoulder.

(Yi Zen): Get used to it. Nobody is going to pamper you in the apocalypse.

'Just you wait. As soon as I find my Xuan Mu, I'll tell him you bullied me!'

'Besides, I have Kuro.'

Bing Shi let Yi Zen think whatever he wanted. She closed her eyes and let out a deep breath. The sound of the plane's engine filled the air, and she felt the plane begin to take off.