5

"Get ready," spoke Wyatt as he adjusted the cufflinks on his suit. My brother stood tall and mighty in the middle of our warmly-lit living room, "My date bailed on me so you'll have to attend the event."

"But it's a school night."

Truthfully, I would not mind attending a social event—I love that shit, especially one thrown by the Alexeevs, but after having my brains fucked out by a friend who happens to be a trained swimmer with magnificent stamina, I'd rather not.

"And? When has that ever stop you?" he wondered as he poured champagne into a flute and drank.

With the way he said it, I could tell that Wyatt will leave me no choice. Despite being of legal age, we've grown too used to him making decisions for me. After weighing and assessing my situation, I figured that I did not want to lie to my brother anymore by creating excuses. Plus, maybe a social event is just what I need to cure my hyper libido. And, if I want Jared gone, I'll have to stay on his good side.

"Fine," I muttered as I walked to my room.

"You have thirty minutes."

Thirty minutes? I needed three hours minimum.

My bedroom door shut behind me. I stormed into my closet and checked my gown collection. I didn't want to put too much thought into my number because that would lead to wasted time. Rather, I grabbed the first two dresses that caught my eye and seemed appropriate for the occasion.

The first one was red and silky with slits down the sides. Typical. Red was classic Rosaleen. I would not go wrong with it but surely I'd match with at least three more women there.

The other was backless and had a low neckline—it was simple with no lace, no sequins, no embroidery. Just fabric with a form so flattering in between provocative and elegant. And it's gold. A dark, chrome-like gold. Do I really want all eyes on me?

Of course I do.

I stripped bare and slipped on lacy black panties and some nipple tape. The dress was no hassle to put on. After my years of attending events that require dresses, I've developed some techniques. Once the dress was on, I chose shoes. I went with strappy white heeled sandals though you can barely see them with the length of the dress.

For makeup, I decided to focus on my eyes and did brown a smokey shadow, brushed brows, and dewy everywhere else. Once satisfied, I stared at myself in the mirror and for the first time in a long time, I realized how much I took after my mother. I was in a gown—something she usually wore due to the numerous events she attends. Her hair is jet black much like mine, and we have the same plain brown eyes, but with a glint that separates it from the others.

I didn't know what to feel about it.

"I'm ready!" I announced as I descended the steps and met Wyatt Martin in the middle of the foyer.

Behind him stood Jared who had replaced his tie with a ribbon. Jared usually only works for Wyatt until 5pm, but he lives in the spare cottage along with other household employees so he's only one yell away.

The WildeLight is a country club owned by a wealthy businessman named Mr. Johann Alexeev who also happens to be Viktor's uncle. The Russian family is famous for three magnate siblings leading their group of companies, all having their preferred field. Viktor's father is the youngest.

The country club is a slab of concrete at the top of a hill. Its architecture is modern and boring. Lot of glass, boxy figures, clean brick walls, unnecessary beams, and Earthy tones. Its landscaping outside, however, had touches of Zen. It took years to build and months to plan by a team from Japan. I still remember its opening seven years ago, the first elite party I went to apart from the ones we held.