46

I woke up on the floor of Wyatt's suite. He was a few feet away from me, snoring like a bear. My hurt neck when I looked either way. I checked the clock and figured it was too early to wake him so I tip-toed my way back into my room.

Once I got there, I couldn't sleep anymore so I took my time getting ready. I took a very long bath in the bathtub, trying to rid myself of memories of my encounter last night with Nikolas.

One hour into my long regime as I was drying my hair, I cursed myself. "I'm horny," I mumbled the cold and inevitable. I took a moment to hate my teenage hormones before gathering enough willpower to get on with the day. Wyatt said that we'll do one of my favorite activities which involved spending a lot of his money shopping. It's one of the most fun things to do in the world for me and pretty convenient in timing since I wanted to arrive in NY with a thousand dollars worth of extra luggage fees.

After applying all products I could find which wasn't a lot to begin with as I didn't have much space to spare when I was packing, I felt better. But then I tried thinking of the true reason why I felt better: it was because I was with. him last night, even for just a while. Nikolas was the reason for everything: my sadness, my happiness, my fucking horniness which had me dragging my fingers down my chest.

I remembered exactly what he looked like last night. His hair had grown longer and the stubble beard on his face was an extra asset even though he was irresistible enough. I remembered how his hands held on to the cue stick and I remembered how he walked slow and how his eyes browsed the table, my face, my chest, my whole fucking body.

We hate him, Rose. Remember?

Shit. I stopped and groaned to let my frustration out. I dried myself off and shrugged a robe on. Before I could reach for my clothes to choose a fit for today, there was a knock on the door.

The same employee from yesterday greeted me with the same lovely smile.

Instead of a box of roses which, by the way, I kept in the bathroom so I wouldn't see, her hands were on a small cart which carried a tray of breakfast.

Pancakes, eggs, fruits, coffee, and a lot of bacon. The sight made my stomach rumble but what caught my eyes the most was the rose that sat beside the large platter.

"Don't tell me that came from the same guy who sent the flowers," I told the lady in a monotone voice.

She looked taken back, "Uhh..."

"Oh my god, " I decided to let her to bring the food into the room. She laid the meal on the table under the large TV and I thanked her before she left.

Hands on my hips, I stared at the food.

I glared at the food too despite my stomach's desire to eat everything. My phone rang and it took me a while to pry my eyes off the silver tray. Once I did, I read the message flashing on the screen.

Babe: enjoy

Butterflies conquered my stomach and I wanted to kill every single one. I hastily typed a one-word reply: stop.

My forehead was creased all the while I racked through my stuff to grab a muted purple romper. Once I had it on, I dried my hair and put some makeup on. Then, I glared at the food again. I was hungry as fuck.

It's almost like there's a big 'eat me' hovering over the tray in big, blinding, bold letters. After much internal debate, I gave in and feasted on the food with guilt not caused by carbs, but instead from knowing that Nick sent it.

Feeling deplorable yet physically satisfied, I grabbed my essentials and was about to head for the door when Wyatt buzzed the bell.

"Hey," I greeted when my brother stood through the doorway in a sweater and jeans.